Starlash: Does Starlash Work?
Starlash – Overview
Elavont Corporation, hailing from a state that knows all about the glamour of long, thick luscious lashes, released a press release on January 12th 2009 introducing its new eyelash enhancement treatment, Starlash. Promising a formula that is gentle enough for the most sensitive eyes yet effective enough to produce red carpet-ready lashes in 21 days, California-based Elavont Corporation bases its Starlash brand on years of research and testing what’s required to produce healthy, volume-rich lashes and brows. While the website is copyrighted as early as 2004, Elavont and Starlash seem to have just officially entered the eyelash enhancement playing field. Starlash’s marketing plan plays on the premise that they are providing to the masses the eyelash secret of the Hollywood elite.
In gray and olive tones, Starlash.com doesn’t elicit visions of old Hollywood glamour. The home page is divided into two vertical sections. The first provides easy navigation to the company, products, contact, order and testimonial pages. It also links to a reseller page and a frequent questions section. The second column contains inset flash images of beautiful natural lashes and brows next to the phrase “Maximize Your Natural Lashes”. The section contains a greeting and images of the company’s Starlash Nourishing Eyebrow Serum and the Starlash Eyelash Enhancer.
Starlash – Product Description
A click on the Starlash Eyelash Enhancer text link delivers a brief product description, a short sales spiel and instructions for use. Unlike other eyelash enhancers that instruct you to place a thin line of product along the lash line, Starlash requires a coasting on the lashes themselves. At $70 per tube, Starlash promises star quality results at an affordable price. In fact, the bottom of the product page boasts, “Within just 21days you will notice smoother, healthier, well-kept eyebrows and lashes, thanks to Starlash. Get ready for your close-up, you movie star!” Other than claiming to use keratin and “over 20 restorative proteins and vitamins”, no other ingredient information is provided. While Starlash.com has a page dedicated to the praise received for both its eyelash enhancer and its eyebrow serum no clinical details are provided.
Online product reviews for Starlash were nonexistent, possibly due to being only three months on the market.
Starlash – Advantage
- Starlash is more affordable than most eyelash enhancement treatments at $70 per tube.
- Starlash directs uses to coat the lashes rather than just the eyelid making application a little easier.
Starlash – Drawbacks
- Starlash.com doesn’t offer a true product list, just references to vitamins and proteins.
- While the company states years of clinical research, no research results were listed on the website.
- Potentially due to its recent introduction to the market, the Starlash has no third-party online reviews.
Starlash – The Bottom Line
With an ambiguous ingredient list, no third-party online reviews or research results, Starlash may be one of those sketchy online products making outrageous claims. While the promise of eyelashes a movie star would envy sounds enticing there is no logical evidence to support such a statement. At a cost of $70, it may be worth the gamble but there are a few products with more support that cost even less.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing Products
During our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."