Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream Reviews
Sunscreen should be your daytime companion – no questions asked. The many and varied types of sunscreens available at your drugstores and favorite beauty bars, however, are making your choices significantly more difficult than it should be. Controversies surrounding common sunscreen ingredients, particularly the chemical sunscreens, are making the choices that you are making even harder. It compels you to get to know your choices much better. So, take a closer look. After all, when it comes to sunscreens, it’s more than just skin aging that you’re after. Let your health take the premium seat this time, your wrinkles next.
About Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream
With so many more familiar and more widely reputed brands available in the market, why should you be interested with Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream? It does not come cheap, after all. At $49 for 60 ml of this product, seriously, why should you even bother?
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream offers you with SPF50+ formulation. It can keep providing you with up to 4 hours of broad spectrum protection, where as most other sunscreens only give you up to two hours of continuous protection. It can withstand excessive sweating, and provides a water resistant formulation that won’t easily wear off the product on your skin when it’s wet. It also gives you what most other brands don’t – antioxidant protection. It is easily absorbent and does not leave white streaks nor a greasy finish.
Is it safe? It is indicated for all skin types. What is it made of and is it right for you? Read on and make your own conclusion.
Manufacturer Information and its Claims about Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream is manufactured by the Australian brand, Ultraceuticals. The company is built on a strong R&D foundation and committed to designing, manufacturing and distributing both commercial-grade and professional-grade skincare products that have a solid science and technology backing. Ultraceuticals promises to deliver high quality products to the market that are based on the most recent findings as to what substances work best and deliver real results that benefit your skin.
As sun protection is a requirement for healthy skin, sunscreens take a central focus in the R&D and product development work of Ultraceuticals, with almost every imaginable variety to match every lifestyle.
How Does Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream Work?
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream is specially made with people who have active lifestyles in the mind of its developers. That includes people who find themselves getting more sun exposure than do most other people, and those who spend more time outdoors whether it’s because of their hobby or work responsibilities or something else. It’s the product for people who need sun protection but who sweat a lot. It’s for that average daily commuter who gets a significant amount of sun on a daily basis. It’s for women who go outdoors and indoors and need continuous sun protection but still keep their makeup on.
This product provides both UVA and UVB protection for up to 4 hours, even under wet conditions or sweaty situations. The manufacturers have infused the formulation with antioxidant protection to help fight skin damage caused by skin damaging free radicals.
With regular, prolonged use, the manufacturer claims that Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream can help prevent the occurence of certain types of skin cancers, skin aging and other manifestations of skin damage including sun spots.
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream Ingredients
- Butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, also known as Avobenzone, is a chemical sunscreen that transforms UV radiation into less damaging forms, including heat
- Bemotrizinol Octyl methoxycinnamate, also known as Octinoxate, is a chemical sunscreen that blocks UVB rays
- Diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, also known as Uvinul A Plus, is a chemical sunscreen that blocks UVA rays, and which may also provide antioxidant protection
- Octocrylene, a chemical sunscreen that provides a broad spectrum sun protection, and also helps stabilize other active ingredients in the formulation
- Octyl salicylate, a chemical sunscreen that blocks UVB rays
Other ingredients include:
- Benzyl alcohol, used as preservative
- Sorbic acid, also used as preservative; has natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties that helps prevent product degradation
It is not certain if the product only contains all of the ingredients mentioned above.
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream Benefits
- The formulation generally stays stable under the sun
- Provides water resistance for up to 4 hours
- Does not leave a greasy feel
- Formulated without parabens and fragrances
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream Drawbacks
No product drawbacks have been noted.
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream Dosage Instructions
Lather on generous amounts on your face, neck and décolleté at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun. Re-apply every 4 hours or, if performing water activities, as frequently as possible.
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream Precautions
For external use only.
Rinse off product completely as soon as you’re available to wash it off.
Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream Side Effects
- Avobenzone, suspected to accumulate in the body and become toxic over time
- Octinoxate, suspected to disrupt hormonal activities and therefore may have detrimental effects to hormone-regulated body processes
- Octocrylene, can be highly irritating and potentially toxic
- Benzyl Alcohol, a well-known irritant
Who can use Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream?
As some ingredients can penetrate skin, very young children and pregnant women are generally discouraged from using this product.
There are certainly pros and cons in choosing to use Ultraceuticals SunActive SPF50+ Face Cream. Through which, it offers you with a deal. Will you risk it or skip it?
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: