Sunday Riley Start Over Active Eye Cream Review: In outs
Even as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported that Americans spent some US$13.5 billion on clinical procedures, including Botox and soft tissue fillers, the beauty and anti-aging industry has grown by 51% since 2010 that is, according to the Global Wellness Institute. These figures only show how consumers are demanding more choices when it comes to fighting signs of skin aging.
Product Description, Manufacturer’s Information and Price Details
Eye creams is among the product lines that have proliferated as a result of aggressive industry marketing and competition. Manufacturers have segmented skin “needs” in hopes of developing a niche that they will conquer and command. Some of which are valid while some are artificially created. Somehow, eye creams are somewhere smacked in between.
Start Over Active Eye Cream, like every other eye cream in the market, is being placed as special care made specifically for the delicate skin around the eyes. Like most, this product also promises to revitalize, brighten and relieve puffed, swollen and tired-looking skin around your eye area.
Price ranges between US$85 and US$95 for 1 fl.oz. bottle.
Start Over Active Eye Cream is made from the following primary ingredients:
- NV-5 Ageless Complex, made from five botanical extracts derived from desert plants that include cactus, aloe, prickly pear, blue agave and lady’s slipper orchid. All of which enhance the skin’s ability to keep your skin protected from dryness by locking in moisture. This complex also floods your skin with protective antioxidants.
- Squalane, a non-greasy natural skin oil substitute that helps correct hyperpigmented skin, lessen the depth of scars, and lighten age spots.
- Olive Oil, moisturizes skin while relieving skin irritations.
This product is made with the following full list of ingredients:NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Agave Tequilana Leaf (Blue Agave) Extract, Cypripedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract &Saccharmyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Squalene and Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosehip) Seed Oil, PunicaGranataum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, MethysilanolCarboxymethyl Theophylline, Butylene Glycol, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Isohexadecane, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Hydroxyethyl, Acrylate/Sodium AcryloyldimethylTaurate Copolymer, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester) Glucosamine HCL & Algae Extract & Yeast Extract & Urea, Algae Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris (Mugwort) Extract, Glabridine (Licorice) Extract, Lecithin, Cholesterol Oleyl Carbonate & Cholesteryl Nanoate& Cholesteryl Chloride, PunicaGranatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil &Astaxanthin& Lycopene & Alpha D-Tocopherol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin
Apply product on cleansed and toned skin. Use under heavy facial creams.
This product is rich in oil but is lightweight and does not leave skin with a greasy feel.
This product contains parabens, which can disrupt hormone-controlled body processes.
Does Start Over Active Eye Cream really work? Well, its benefits are only as good as the validity of your skin issues – some people need it, while some people don’t. Time to assess whether or not you need one yourself.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.