Supergoop! Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream SPF 37 Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Supergoop Eye Cream?
This product is brought to you by Supergoop! The brand initially came out with sunscreen products that did not take long to be touted as the better alternatives to traditional sunscreens. All that Supergoop! wanted was to deliver sunscreen products that people will find more convenient to wear so that they will wear it more often and more consistently. The personal loss of Holly Thaggard, brand founder, to skin cancer was what inspired the brand creation.
Supergoop! Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream SPF 37, US $32 for a 0.5 fl. oz. opaque tube, is an eye treatment specially formulated for daytime use that is infused with sunscreen to help block off further damage caused by harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Supergoop Eye Cream — Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Restore the health and youthful appearance of the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Provide better protection from sun damage with sunscreen specially suited for your sensitive eye skin.
- Enhance the vibrant appearance of your eye skin by helping relieve the area of excess fluids and improving blood flow.
- Fades the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles appearing around the eye area.
What are the ingredients in Supergoop Eye Cream?
- Octinoxate (7.5%) Zinc Oxide (10.1 %): Active sunscreen ingredients.
- Silicones: Give your skin surface a slippery, well-conditioned feeling.
- Mica: A mineral that reflects back light, making the eye area appear more radiant.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
How to Apply Supergoop Eye Cream
- Apply Supergoop Eye Cream as part of your morning routine.
- Spread the product only over freshly cleansed and toned skin.
Benefits of Supergoop Eye Cream
- Supergoop Eye Cream has been tested safe on the eyes by an opthalmologist, and has been certified safe for contact lens wearers.
- This formula has also been designed to provide a suitable cover up that helps improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the eye area. But some users say that it did nothing in case of under eye puffiness.
Disadvantages of Supergoop Eye Cream
- This product contains a long list of potentially skin damaging synthetic ingredients.
- Supergoop Eye Cream reviews are evenly divided between those who are happy with this product and those who are not.
- This product contains several ingredients that have the potential to cause your skin to become reactive and inflamed.
- It contains alcohol which may combat the moisturizing effects of the cream.
Does Supergoop Eye Cream Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Supergoop Anti-Aging Eye Cream:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including silicones, methylisothiazolinone, chlorphenesin, and butylene glycol.
- Increased risk for developing clogged pores due to the high volume of silicones infused in this cream.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain-related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
Final Verdict- Supergoop! Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream SPF 37
Supergoop Eye Cream may be providing your delicate eye skin ample protection from further sun damage but, the formula seems to be falling short of other essentials you should be looking for in an eye cream. The silicones will leave your skin feeling well hydrated but, none of that will have any lasting benefits for your skin. It’s hard to trust this product’s claims when phenoxyethanol, a product preservative shows up on the first third of a long list of synthetic ingredients and fillers.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.