Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Review: Good?
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ Description
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++, US $65 for 59 ml, is a moisturizing sunscreen that promises to be the better alternative to toxic chemical sunscreens. More specifically, this product is formulated to deliver the following beauty and health benefits for your skin
- Provide broad spectrum SPF 35 protection from UV
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant levels to add UV protection, and provide your skin with improved resilience to free radical damage
- Moisturize your skin inside and out over long periods of time
- Serve as your makeup primer
- Calm and soothe irritated skin to promote a more even and brighter overall complexion
Tatcha is a personal care and cosmetics brand based in Japan that prides itself in formulating products inspired by the Geisha, naturally-derived, organic, and not tested on animals.
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ Ingredients
- Zinc Oxide (15.0%): Mineral sunscreen active
- Octisalate (5.0%): Chemical sunscreen active
- Silk Extracts: Acts as a skin conditioner, leaving a comforting feeling of being well hydrated on the surface of the skin
- Japanes Wild Rose: Adds tonic properties to the formula, tightening your pores, leaving the skin surface smoother, and locks in moisture
- Loquat Leaf Extract: Has natural anti-inflammatory properties that helps relieve irritated skin from redness, itchiness, blotchiness and other signs of skin irritation
Use Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ with your day time skin care routine. Smooth over freshly washed skin after bathing in the morning at least 15 minutes before going outdoors. Reapply product throughout the day to keep sunscreen function potent.
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ Advantages
- This product has been specially designed to layer well with your makeup and have the secondary function as a primer.
- This product is not formulated with endocrine-disrupting parabens and phthalates, and does not consist of pore-clogging sulfates.
- Many Tatcha sunscreen reviews have attested that the product does not leave skin with a white cast, glides easily on skin, moisturizing, non-drying and non-greasy.
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ Disadvantages
- Although Octisalate has been graded with an overall ingredient safety of 4 by the consumer products watchdog, Environmental Working Group, this chemical sunscreen active has still been cited for low to moderate possibility of causing skin allergies.
- The formula is laden with potentially irritating ingredients, that include drying alcohols and fragrance ingredients, which, with long-term exposure, can cause permanent damages to your skin matrix
- Several Tatcha sunscreen reviews have pointed out how this product may be short at providing a moisturizing feeling on the skin although the heavy formula can make skin grease later in the day.
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ may be a better alternative than most other chemical sunscreens but, there are better and safer alternatives that go beyond just protecting your skin from UV and moisturizing your skin all day. When you don’t want compromises, this sunscreen may make you feel shortchanged for the value it stands to offer.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: