Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18 Review(Updated 2018)
Balm Shelter Details
The Balm Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18 is a tinted moisturizer manufactured by The Balm. It comes in a variety of shades is a multi-purpose foundation that can be used for all skin types while providing protection from the sun. A 2.15 fluid oz container starts at $25. The manufacturer provides a refund on unopened and lightly used products within 30 calendar days as long as clients provide a receipt.
Balm Shelter Ingredients List
- Octinoxate: common in ingredients that provide protection from the sun. It is renowned for its absorption of UV rays that cause skin damage. It requires an emulsifier in order to work properly and is not soluble in water.
- Octisalate: a colorless ingredient common in sunscreen products that helps absorb UVB rays. It is slightly oily and has a mild fragrance.
- Avobenzone: contained in sunscreen, this ingredient helps decrease damage caused by UV rays.
- Dimethicone: a skin conditioner and protectant. It makes skin look plumper, increases the skin’s moisture barrier, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Balm Shelter Directions/Working
Use as a primer under make-up on clean skin.
Balm Shelter Pros
- This is a multi-use product that protects the skin from sun damage but can also be used as a primer or foundation.
- The formula is available in many colors to suit various skin tones.
- No negative side effects have been reported due to the use of this product.
- Customer reviews are high for this product.
- The product is relatively fragrance-free.
- All skin types can use this product.
- In addition to being a good foundation or primer, the product provides sun protection.
- A list of ingredients is provided in case customers need to ask questions about them.
- A money-back guarantee is available for up to 30 calendar days.
Balm Shelter Cons
- Although sun protection is provided, the moisturizer lacks anti-aging components that could appeal to many customers.
- Some of the ingredients might leave an oily feeling after application.
- At $25, the cost of the product is high for something that offers 18 SPF.
- No fragrances are added, but some ingredients may emit a slight fragrance right after application.
The Balm Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer 18 SPF is a great multi-purpose skin care product for people who are on the go. It provides protection from the sun, covers blemishes, and can be used as either a primer or foundation under make-up. The ingredients included are known to provide optimum protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Customer reviews of this product are also very good, and the manufacturer offers a 30-day money back guarantee for people who save their receipt. The cost is also fair considering how many jobs one tube can do, and there are many colors suitable for all skin tones. However, the product does not provide ingredients that are also commonly found in many tinted moisturizers that also work as anti-aging creams. Though this product does a good job, customers may be drawn to a product that also fights signs of aging.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: