The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Review
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Introduction
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream, US $22 for 1.7 oz., is a night moisturizer that gives your skin a calming and soothing relief that simultaneously also renders your skin the healing powers of aloe vera.
What Does The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Claim
The manufacturer claims that this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following benefits to your skin:
- Relieve chronically irritated, dry and inflamed skin
- Softens skin and floods it with deep penetrating moisture
- Heal and treat skin inflammations with an aloe-based formulation that does not contain irritating ingredients like dyes, preservatives and alcohols
- Restore and strengthen your skin’s protective outer barriers to keep moisture in while also making it more resilient to damage and aging
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Manufacturer’s Detail
The Body Shop International PLC was originally established in 1976 as a skin care company dedicated to formulating only natural-based products that are safe even for the most sensitive skin types. Today, under the management of the L’Oreal Group of Companies, the brand continues to carry the same image as it continues to fulfill the group’s interest in the all-natural niche market. The Body Shop’s more than 1,200 products are sold in more than 60 countries worldwide.
Working of The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream
This product works together with your skin’s natural healing and rejuvenating mechanisms. The combination of aloe, emollients and anti-inflammatories in this cream supports your skin in bouncing back to a healthier state, most especially in rebuilding your skin’s protective outer layer
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Ingredients
- Aloe Vera: Has natural skin healing, calming and soothing properties that rejuvenates and works with your skin’s natural repair mechanisms to strengthen your skin’s protective barrier
- Shea Butter: Deep nourishes your skin as it leaves a comforting coating that moisturizes your skin’s outer layer
- Bisabolol: Strengthens skin synthesis, promotes a skin surface that is more resilient to damage and aging
- Oat Kernel Extract: Improves the appearance of inflamed skin, calms skin irritations, and promotes a more even toned complexion
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Pros
- This product is made with a good combination of natural and synthetic ingredients that are among the best emollients and anti-inflammatories.
- The product is moderately textured, easily absorbent and leaves a long-lasting moisture on and within your skin.
- The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream reviews have highlighted how this product has worked for users who claim that they have sensitive skin.
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Cons
- The product leaves a slightly greasy film on the surface of your skin.
- Some unsatisfied users say that the product does not feel very moisturizing for dry skin types.
- There are several ingredients that may cause skin irritations.
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol and fragrance ingredients
- Increased risk for various forms of cancers die to PEGs, chemicals that easily combine with 1,4 Dioxane, a confirmed carcinogen, during the manufacturing process, and Trideceth-6, a chemical that has been linked to breast, uterine and blood-related cancers
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream must be applied only on freshly and thoroughly cleansed skin, as part of your evening skin care regimen. Cleanse, tone and apply your serum before layering on this product.
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream reviews posted by 2 users read:
- “I have rosacea and very sensitive skin….a life long hassle…I have bought more face moisture products than I can count. This product works for me …all the products in this line…I use this over my antibiotic skin creme that dries my skin badly…..I have used for over a year now and remain happy with this product.”
- “Maybe it’s just me? But this stuff Rashed me out BIGTIME!”
Although there are a number of ingredients that support the healing and rejuvenating promises committed to by The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream, it is quite evident that this formula will never give you the sufficient care that chronically dry and irritated skin needs to heal, recover and become better protected. As you search for good products to compare it with, consider ones that are formulated with barrier-forming ceramides, skin-revitalizing Niacinamide and Vitamin C, and protective antioxidants.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Neck Creams formulations on the market in our opinion: