The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream Review
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream Introduction
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream, US $22 for 1.67 oz., is a restorative night cream that helps restore your skin’s health and supports its faster rejuvenation while you sleep.
What Does The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream Claim
This product’s manufacturer has claimed that this product can deliver the following benefits to improve your skin’ s health and promote its youthful appearance:
- Restores your skin’s ideal moisture levels and optimal hydration functions to keep your skin feeling comfortable over long periods of time
- Enhances your skin’s natural ability to heal and treat itself
- Floods your skin with the deeply nourishing feel of Vitamin E
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream Manufacturer’s Detail
The Body Shop is one of the companies now operated by L’Oreal. The Body Shop was originally founded on the commitment to bring skillfully handcrafted skin care products made only of the freshest ingredients to the market. Today, as L’Oreal takes control, the original essence of The Body Shop seems to have shifted by a large margin, although L’Oreal continues to run it as its natural products.
Working of The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream
This product works by flooding your skin with Vitamin E. Combining this with skin plumping ingredients, this product leaves your skin significantly pumped up in moisture.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream Ingredients
- Vitamin E: Deep penetrates your skin and leaves film on the surface that supports the rebuilding of your protective layer
- Glycerin: A common emollient
- Wheat Germ Oil: Has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and skin healing and moisturizing properties
- Dimethicone: Skin conditioner
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream Pros
- A rich cream formulation that melts on contact with your skin and blends in easily to deliver the beneficial ingredients it carries deep within your skin.
- Works with your skin to enhance skin rejuvenation and to repair damages on the skin matrix incurred throughout the day.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream Cons
- This product contains several ingredients but, unfortunately, most of the ingredients listed do not contribute any specific benefits that can improve your skin health nor appearance whether instantly or over the long-term.
- It seems that Vitamin E is the only ingredient in this formula that may have buildable long-term results with regular product application, they will only give you temporary results.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream reviews posted by users who claim to have sensitive skin have differing opinions about this product’s suitability for their skin type which, in fact, can be problematic just because of the strong scent alone.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced when you use this product:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several fragrance ingredients, synthetic colorants and a host of additives and fillers that do more to stabilize the product than to deliver any real benefits for your skin
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for developing acne and breakouts due to silicones infused with the formula
- Increased risk of developing various forms of cancer due to PEGs which can easily get contaminated with 1,4 dioxane during the manufacturing process
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream must be applied as part of your evening skin care regimen.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream may smell incredibly amazing, filling your senses while you sleep. However, your goal for adding on skin care products is to correct imperfections and maintain the youthfulness of your skin. When you think Vitamin E is not enough to give you those results, shift to something else.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Neck Creams formulations on the market in our opinion: