The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask Review: Is It Really Effective?
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask Description
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask is a natural clay face mask designed to both cleanse the skin of impurities and also soothe and invigorate skin with a cooling sensation. The Body Shop is a skincare brand that puts a lot of emphasis on using ethically sourced natural ingredients, and their products are never tested on animals. This mask can normally be purchased for $17 on the manufacturer’s site but it is currently on sale on the manufacturer’s site for $10.20. The Body Shop provides a 28-day money-back gaurantee on all items.
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask Ingredients
Below is the key ingredient list. The full ingredient list can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
- Kaolin Clay: Absorbs excess oil and dirt into itself to cleanse the skin and reduce shine
- Organic Tea Tree Oil: Sourced from the mountains of Kenya, this plant ingredient dries the skin to reduce oil and prevent blemish production
- Menthol: Compound sourced from mint that creates a cooling sensation on the skin
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask is meant to be applied in a thick, even layer all over the face. Let the mask dry for five to ten minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask Advantages
- Clay base absorbs excess oil and impurities into itself to cleanse and minimize pores
- Cooling effect invigorates the skin for a bright, healthy look
- No harsh or irritating ingredients
- Money-back guarantee available
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask Disadvantages
- No documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
- While the company provides the ingredient list, but it does not provide the ingredient amounts
- Money-back guarantee time limit is shorter than usual
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask is designed to cleanse the pores of dirt, oil, and impurities to minimize pores, reduce acne, and smooth the skin. While the company provides a full ingredient list, no studies proving the product’s effectiveness are readily supplied, so it is hard to corroborate the company’s claims regarding cleansing results. The formula does contain well-known cleansers and absorbing ingredients, but tea tree oil can actually over-dry the skin and cause the body to produce too much oil in response, rather than drying out blemishes. Since the company doesn’t divulge the amount of tea tree oil in the product, it is hard to say if an ideal amount is included in it. However, this product will create an invigorating, soothing cooling effect thanks to the menthol included. The company doesn’t say how often the product should be used. The Body Shop provides a 28-day money-back guarantee on all products purchased through their website. There are many cleansing face masks available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: