Top 3 Things That Make Your Eyelash Beautiful
The eyes are the most expressive part of the face and easily the most noticeable. The eyes are further highlighted if you have beautiful eyelashes. Long, thick and voluminous eyelashes make the eyes “open up,” hold more expressions and simply make a woman more appealing.
Since most women desire to have their ideal eyelashes, eyelash products and services come into play. Mascaras, false eyelashes and eyelash extensions are some of the ways to make your eyelashes beautiful. However, to really fully nurture your eyelashes’ beauty, you need to go back to the fundamentals and do what makes your eyelashes beautiful in a healthy and natural way.
Basic Eyelash Care Tips
Here are some of the things that you must and must not do in order to make your eyelashes beautiful.
- Remove makeup before going to bed. Eye make-up and mascara can harm your eyes and eyelashes overnight. These products also have the tendency to make your eyelashes more brittle so you should not wear them for an extend period of time.
- Another thing that makes your eyelashes brittle is the habit of rubbing your eyes. It is a natural instinct to rub the eyes when it feels sore or itchy, but avoid it if you can.
- Lastly, if you use mascara, replace your product every three months. Think of it as an expiration date. Susan Resnick, an optometrist, suggests doing this to avoid using products on your eyes that may contain and breed bacteria.
Use Eyelash Conditioners
Like your hair, your eyelashes also need to be conditioned regularly to keep them healthy and beautiful. According to Jeanette Graf, MD, a dermatologist, you can condition your eyelashes by applying some Vaseline in the evening. There are also available over-the-counter eyelash conditioners which can further make your eyelashes beautiful by strengthening and moisturizing them and preventing eyelash breakage and brittleness.
Choose Your Eyelash Products
It is also important to make a conscious effort in choosing the products that you apply on your eyelashes. If you like using mascara, water-soluble mascara is ideal as it can be easily removed. There are also eyelash growth serums that you can use to help maintain the health of your eyelashes. Choose serums which contain vitamins, peptides and antioxidants so that your lashes will grow beautifully and healthily. Lastly, it is best to choose eyelash serums which contain natural ingredients and has passed safety testing to avoid side effects such as itching and irritation.
Even if the eyelashes are just minor details of the face, they can still impact your beauty in a huge way. That is why it is important to keep these tips in mind in order to enjoy the beauty of your eyelashes for more years to come.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day