Top 5 Anti-Aging Tips: Beauty Tips for Sensitive Skin
Aging gracefully means not just aging with dignity, but also looking great while you approach later life. That’s why so many women spend a good bit of time, effort, and money on anti-aging solutions. As a result, the market for anti-aging products is huge. However, many of the most effective anti-aging creams and lotions that actually work will only be useful for those who don’t have extremely sensitive skin. The reason is that many of the ingredients in these anti-aging creams will actually cause numerous issues to occur.
Ingredients like retinol or perfumes can irritate the skin and trigger reactions, and heavy oils can clog pores and cause major breakouts. Luckily, there are some anti-aging tips that can help you reduce the development of wrinkles and puffiness without causing serious skin issues. Here are some of the best things to remember.
- Keep Your Skin Clean – Use very mild cleansers that you know won’t damage your skin. Additionally, be sure to use lukewarm water instead of very hot temperatures. And make certain that you never rub your face with a towel to dry it- it’s always better to pat it dry to avoid rashes and breakouts.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals – The perfumes and retinol included in most major anti-aging creams can be big enemies, so avoid them. Instead, review the different creams to find those that are designed for sensitive skin. When in doubt, ask your dermatologist if they feel that a specific cream is right for you.
- Protect Your Skin – Be sure to use sunscreen regularly but always use physical blockers instead of chemicals. The best ingredients for protecting your skin and helping with your anti-aging steps will be zinc oxide and titanium.
- Moisturize – Most sensitive skin anti-aging treatments will focus on hydration, but it’s still important to make sure you use the best possible hydration formulas to keep your skin moist and supple.
- Supplement – Again, most of the best sensitive skin anti-aging creams will contain high contents of vitamins and nutrients like Vitamins A, E, and C. If you notice that your sensitive skin anti-aging cream is lacking in these compounds, consider adding supplemental creams that provide them.
Simply put, you do have options for keeping your skin looking young and healthy. The key is to make sure that you take the time to figure out just which steps you need to follow in order to keep yourself looking young without causing major issues. If you know that a specific treatment is causing issues, stop using it and consider finding something else. Often, trial and error is the pathway to success.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.