Best Menopause Supplement Of 2018: Menopause Supplement for Hot Flashes and Mood Swings
Women could not have a more difficult time than around menopause. Menopause supplements have a role to play in helping women go through menopause more easily. Natural menopause supplements are giving women better access to safer, more affordable, and more readily available means to improve their menopause symptoms.
Do Supplements For Menopause Work? (Research reports)
Despite the fact that all women are naturally faced with menopause problems at a defined phase of their lifetime, there has been very few conclusive studies that have been conducted to help women find the most practical and effective solutions to relieve women of their menopause woes. By far, studies have been few and results have been inconsistent.
Some of the studies that provide some clues as to the efficacy of menopause supplements as well as what’s the best menopause supplement are detailed below:
- Based on a study published in the Journal of Women’s Health in 2007, the researchers validated that, indeed, some menopause supplements can help improve leading signs and symptoms of menopause. “Phytoestrogen extracts, including soy foods and red clover appear to have at best only minimal effect on menopausal symptoms but have positive health effects on plasma lipid concentrations and may reduce heart disease.” The study also found out that St. John’s wort helps relieve mild to moderate cases of depression and said that it may, likewise, work to ease feelings of depression and related menopause mood swings among women going through menopause. The researchers, however, stressed that supplements are differently formulated, such that some work better than others.
- Another study found that black cohosh for hot flashes relieves night sweats and improves bad mood. The study, in fact, pertains to black cohosh as the most effective among natural estrogen supplements for the relief of these menopause symptoms. The researchers were also able to validate available evidence supporting claims that St. John’s Wort relieves menopause mood swings.
Over The Counter Menopause Supplements — Do They Work?
Based on studies, menopause supplements can work if these are made from study-backed, and high quality ingredients. That means, not all menopause supplements can deliver the same level of efficacy for relieving mood swings. What is certain is that the Top Rated Menopause Supplements all have strong roots in indigenous traditions and customs. The maca plant, for example has been traditionally used by Peruvian women for the relief of aches, pains and discomforts experienced that are related to menstruation and menopause. In the same way, black cohosh has been traditionally used by Red Indians for the same purposes and many other medicinal uses.
Not all menopause ingredients, however, have been thoroughly subjected to clinical trials to prove claims made. This is why you should be more careful about choosing which menopause supplement to take.
Is Hormone Replacement Therapy Right for You?
There was a period in the 1980s up to the early 1990s when every woman undergoing menopause automatically considered getting themselves a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). That was until after the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) released the results of a 15-year study that showed that HRT increased women’s risk for contracting heart diseases and breast cancer. Since then, women have been turning to alternative medicine for menopause, including over-the-counter herbs and vitamins for menopause.
The current treatment protocol for menopause clearly does not include prescribing HRT for everyone. Although HRT remains to be available for women who stand to gain more benefit than risk more. Listed below are several criteria that may make you a good candidate for HRT:
- You experience sever menopausal symptoms that are suffering your quality of life significantly but you do not appear to be responding well even to estrogen herbal supplements.
- You underwent menopause early, about the time before you turned 40.
- You do not respond well to supplements for menopause mood swings and your lack of focus is stopping you from becoming economically productive.
If you have hormone-related disorders and medical conditions, including breast and cervical cancers, HRT is definitely not for your. However, you should also avoid natural estrogen replacements, such as supplements for hot flashes menopause that contain plant estrogens. Otherwise, perfectly healthy adult women undergoing menopause can safely take menopause supplements.
What Replaces Estrogen Naturally?
Menopause treatments that work by using plant estrogens, or phytoestrogens, and the best herbal tablets for menopause work well to replace estrogen more naturally than HRT. These supplements may increase your risk for worsening hormone-related disorder when you already have been diagnosed with these, there is no compelling evidence that it increases your risk for contracting diseases such as breast cancer if you do not have it already.
- What vitamins are best for menopausal mood swings? – According to the best available information, one of the best performing vitamins for hormonal balance during menopause is Omega-3 which works well to keep your heart healthy. By preventing heart palpitations and hypertension, it relieves you from menopausal mood swings the extracts of black cohosh, St. John’s Wort, maca plant, rhubarb and Dong Quai have also been closely associated with the relief of menopause mood swings.
- Why black cohosh is recommended for hot flashes? – A growing number of evidence continues to validate that black cohosh may lessen the frequency and intensity of hot flashes. In fact, a study considers black cohosh as a viable option among supplements for hot flashes. Black cohosh is presumed to consist of chemicals that may positively impact the immune system and the brain. It is purported to have an effect of motor coordination that has been associated with hot flashes. Some experts also believe it can deliver phyto-estrogenic effects.
How To Choose The Best Menopause Supplement? (5 Factors)
It is not easy to get by menopause and when supplements offer any form of relief, you should not hesitate to try what options may be available. Be more open with your options not only to make yourself feel better but also so that you can enjoy a better quality of life even as you have to brave through menopause. Here is a guide that you can use when weighing your supplement options:
- Assess your most frequent and most intense symptoms – One of the biggest troubles with menopause is that symptoms vary widely among women. Some women have more trouble focusing while some are extremely bothered by hot flashes. Some women also become more cross than others and they have crazy mood swings to thank for. If you’re having trouble staying asleep because you feel uncomfortably wet and warm then, supplements for night sweats may be the most suitable treatment option for you. Getting sufficient sleep at night by staying comfortable and cool helps you wake up to a better mood.
- Make a choice between hormone-based and non-hormone-based supplements – There are generally two types of supplements. One category consists of hormone-based menopause supplements which are often formulated with plant estrogens. The other category are estrogen-free. These supplements will work well even for women who have been diagnosed with hormone-related disorders.
- Know what options are available – Taking off from your decision either to take estrogen replacement supplements or, non-estrogenic supplements, you must find out what your make and brand options are. Rhubarb, black cohosh, Dong Quai, as well as estradiol and estriol are key ingredients of estrogenic supplements. On the other hand, supplements that use only extracts from the maca plant, as well as essential vitamins and minerals are non-estrogenic options. Compare menopause supplements based on the labels and try to learn what you can about the ingredients listed.
- Check evidence for product efficacy – It is important that you know if product claims are actually backed up by clinical studies. Serious manufacturers will demonstrate the efficacy of their products in detail. These manufacturers will invest significant resources on R&D to make sure their products deliver only quality and results that are safe. If the trial was conducted by a third-party, that also adds credibility to the study. While you’re at it, you should go see what consumer reviews have to say about menopause and vitamins supplementation too.
- Always consult with your healthcare provider – Menopause products may react negatively with your maintenance medications. If you are taking any drug or, have been diagnosed with special medical conditions, it will be even more critical for you to obtain the opinion of your healthcare provider. This is one way for you to ensure that you are solving your menopause problem, not worsening it.
Top Menopause Supplement Women with Menopause Should Consider
If you are seriously considering taking a menopause supplement, listed below out top rated menopause supplement options that deserve your closer attention and review. These supplements can help you feel better so you can get the most out in life even when faced with the difficulties of going through this phase.
Fortunately, natural therapies for menopausal symptoms such as weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, decreased libido, and mood swings are available. Since many women experience weight gain during menopause, many natural menopause supplements contain herbs and botanicals that support a healthy metabolism. Menopause supplements should be evaluated on proven ingredients, ability to reduce hot flashes and night sweats, ability to provide hormonal balance and boost libido and its overall value.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective menopause supplements on the market today, in our opinion.