Treating Cellulite with Alternative Medicine
High cost of treatment, uncertainty about a comprehensive cure and possible side effects -have made many cellulite-affected people turn to various alternative systems of medicine in hopes of a safe and more cost efficient way ofreducing cellulite.
TraCellulite has become an increasing concern among the beauty-conscious people, mostly women. The beauty industry companies are making a bundle as more and more anti-cellulite treatment methods are being developed. The product competition is intense particularly for western medicine which dominates the cellulite scene for obvious reasons. The majority of the cellulite-affected would rather go the conventional medicine system route to get their cellulite treated. However, you will also find that many would also rather go with alternative systems for cellulite treatment.
Methods Specific to Alternative Medicines
There are a quite a few naturopathic or alternative treatment methods effectively used to counter cellulite conditions. The foremost methods are:
- Ayurvedic: Ayurveda, which originated in India, basically utilizes herbs and herbal ingredients for medicinal purposes. A number of natural as well as herb-based medicinal preparations have proved very effective in the treatment of cellulite. There is a demand for such indigenous substances in making Anti-Cellulite Creams, lotions and gels. Many of these substances are also used effortlessly and effectively as home remedies for treatment of cellulite conditions.
- Yoga: Yoga enthusiasts claim that while other anti-cellulite treatment methods can result in a superficial, cosmetic recovery, yoga is said to be effective in getting to the root of the problem. Yoga practices facilitate cleansing of the body, repairing cellulite-affected fat cells and expelling excessive fluids, which are considered to be the basic causes in giving rise to cellulite condition. Asanas, Pranayams and other yoga practices are specifically prescribed for improving various skin conditions, targeting fat infested areas and reducing cellulite.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is known to be a very potent method to get rid of the cellulite dimpling. Due to the extraordinary results obtained from acupuncture in treating cellulite, the procedure is gaining increased acceptance among cellulite-affected people all over the world.
- Chiropractic: Chiropractors also claim to have their own anti-cellulite method by using a whole body vibration (WBV) technology of massage practice.
- Osteopathy: Employing a vast range of techniques, osteopathy can cure a host of conditions including cellulite.
- Homeopathy: This ancient method of homeopathy treatment is known for curing many chronic diseases rather effectively. In regards to the cure of cellulite, there are anti-cellulite remedies available. (For example, one drop of liquid Silicea 200 – or about six in tablet form – prior to your morning and evening meals for a few days can reduce your cellulite to a great extent.)
In addition, other methods alternative system of medicine such as Reiki and Acupressure appear to have produced positive results in the area of anti-cellulite treatment, there has been wide-spread skepticism on the advisability of using these methods independently to get rid of cellulite.
One should also not forget the importance of following the treatments in combination with a healthy eating habit and a good regimen of physical exercise.
Cellulite can affect people of all ages and body types and can be notoriously difficult to get rid of. While there are certainly no miracle cures, using specially formulated creams and treatments along with a healthy diet and exercise plan can reduce the appearance of the dimpled skin affected by cellulite. Creams and lotions that contain stimulating ingredients such as caffeine are particularly beneficial as they help move toxins out the body while other natural ingredients are used to condition the skin, giving it a firmer, tighter appearance which further reduces the look of the affected area.