Ultracil – Overview
Lengthening the eyelashes, whether through extensions, false lashes or simply mascara is very popular among many women who now have another option in the form of conditioning treatments. These products, such as Ultracil, are appealing, due to the fact that they are less expensive than extensions and more convenient than applying false lashes. Although cosmetic mascaras have improved greatly over time, some still believe them to be damaging to the lashes, causing them to fall out or become dry.
Ultracil markets itself as a ‘Lash Enhancing Complex’ which promises to condition, thicken and give the appearance of longer length. The website, which is very well laid out and user-friendly, does not plainly state that the formula will actually grow new, longer lashes, although this is obviously the implication. While the site contains numerous sections, there is not a lot of useful information for the potential customer; in fact, the link to one of the most important parts, the ingredient list, does not work. There are a handful of fairly anonymous customer testimonials and a short article on how the product works, but no FAQ section. There is one ‘before and after’ photo and another close-up showing lashes that look suspiciously false.
Ultracil – Product Description
As mentioned, no full ingredient list was available at the time of writing, but it is known that Ultracil combines conditioning protein peptides with organic compounds in a proprietary complex. As with most similar eyelash enhancers, it works by using conditioning and nourishing ingredients such as vitamin A and E with strengthening peptides to make the lashes healthier and thus more likely to reach their full length potential without breaking. The manufacturers, Sisquoc Healthcare Corporation claims that Ultracil is clinically tested but unfortunately fail to provide evidence or results.
Ultracil is very easy to apply, requiring only one application per day. The product is simply brushed along the baseline of the lashes, and once dry, the user can apply regular make-up over the top. As with any product made for use around the eyes, Ultracil should be used with care and the site does warn of potential irritation that may occur. Obviously if the discomfort is greater than a low-level itching, the consumer should cease using the product. In terms of safety, Ultracil is a non-prostaglandin formula. Prostaglandin is a somewhat controversial substance originally used for treating Glaucoma but has shown to cause discoloration of the eyelid or the iris when used in eyelash products.
Ultracil – Advantage
- The Ultracil website is user-friendly
- The formula contains no prostaglandin
- The ingredients are organic and all-natural
- The manufacturers offer a 60-day money back guarantee
- Discount prices are available for multiple orders
- The website contains customer testimonials
- The product can be worn under make-up
- Ultracil only needs one daily application
Ultracil – Drawbacks
- The Ultracil website contains very limited information
- No ingredient list is shown
- It is not known how many applications one tube of Ultracil contains
- Ultracil may cause irritation or itching
- No independent consumer reviews are available
- Ultracil is not available in retail stores
- No clinical studies are shown
Ultracil – The Bottom Line
Ultracil appears to be very similar to other eyelash enhancers on the market, promising to condition and strengthen lashes rather than helping them grow. Despite the claims that the product is one of the most affordable on the market, it is still not inexpensive, at a cost of $119.95 per tube.
Using Ultracil may well have some positive effects on the lashes including making them shinier and healthier looking, but, because lash length is largely determined by genetics, it will not make them any longer than normal.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."