Under Eye Lines – Prevention, Repair, and Help Are Good Steps to Take
You look in the mirror and see those under eye lines that seem to have popped up over night. When did Mother Nature call and make you look and feel 10 years older than you really are? And even more important, what can you do to get rid of them? First off, take a deep breath. Many people, especially women, seem to develop under eye lines at some point in their lives. Some do it when they are 30 while others seem them in their 50s. But, you do not need to think those under eye lines need to be a permanent reminder of your age though.
Prevention is the first step in dealing with under eye lines. Even though you have them, don’t make them any worse. Squinting is a no-no. That means, if you go out into the sun, wear a broad-brim hat and sunglasses. This will minimize the amount of squinting you need to do in a day. Make sure you use sunglasses on bright days in the winter as well. Sun coming off white snow can be blinding. When you stop squinting, the under eye lines will stop deteriorating. The next step is to start reversing the under eye lines that are already there.
It is important to eat right and hydrate. Eating right will help the body make repairs to fix those under eye lines. Hydrating gives the body the moisture necessary to keep the skin looking younger and fresher. Both of these steps will reduce the appearance of the under eye lines. Another important step is exercise. Now, how can walking everyday reduce the under eye lines? As you exercise, your body starts pushing oxygen and other nutrients to all part of the body. This gives your body the extra fuel necessary to make repairs. It also helps reduce water retention.
What other steps can you take to reduce under eye lines? It is important to use eye creams and cleansers as part of your daily regimen. Excessive makeup not only causes under eye lines to appear deeper. It also reduces the skin’s ability to breath in this area. Cleaning is very important for skin health. Using an eye cream also helps to reduce under eye lines. They come with special nutrients that helps fight the under eye lines from the outside while the good food, water, and exercise helps under eye lines from the inside.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.