The Myth of Genetic Dark Circles Under The Eyes
Millions suffer with under eyes circles. They look in the mirror every morning and wish they did not appear like their parents. Genetics is at work here. There are ways around genetics however. Most people stop at genetics and think they cannot do anything. However, genetics is only part of the equation. What most people do not know about under eyes circles is that life style also plays a huge part. It is about a fifty-fifty split actually for people that have a genetic propensity to under eyes circles.
How can you deal with the life style choices that affect those under eye circles? You need to identify them first. Here is a list of things that you can control that has an impact on under eyes circles : allergies, smoking, diet, exercise, water intake, and drinking alcohol. These things give you control on how your eyes appear to the world. If you can get control of these things, you have a chance to control the appearance of under eyes circles.
How do you control the allergies? You need to find out if you have allergies or not. Some people have food allergies they do not know about. Many times, allergies cause those under eyes circles that you see every morning. How do you control smoking? It means if you smoke stop. If you work or live around anyone who smokes, avoid his or her secondhand smoke. Smoking leads to skin damage and contributes to under eyes circles. How do you control your diet? You need to eat a balanced diet. You need to take supplements if necessary to get the right nutrients in the right dosages. Vitamins C, E, and K are essential when addressing under eye circles.
How do you control the exercise? It means getting up and going for a walk. Exercise moves toxins out of the body and oxygen in. That helps diminish the appearance of under eyes circles. How do you control the water intake? Drink more water. Water helps move toxins out like exercise. Avoid drinks that pull water out of the body like caffeinated soda, coffee, and tea. It also helps keep the skin thicker which helps diminish the look of under eyes circles. How do you control the alcohol drinking? Alcohol inhibits the body’s ability to move toxins out of the way. It also leads to water retention. To deal with under eye circles, you need to moderate or abstain from alcohol.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.