Urban Decay Lush Lash Review: Is This Eyelash Enhancer Safe To Use?
Urban Decay Lush Lash Overview
Urban Decay Lush Lash, US $21, is an eyelash enhancer that commits to give you naturally looking lashes that are bolder and more prominent.
About Urban Decay Lush Lash — Does It Really Work?
Urban Decay is a cosmetics brand that advertises its products to be well suited for the hip, bold and fab lifestyle. Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Significantly better conditioned lashes.
- Improve lash health and staying power.
- Grow thicker and longer lashes.
What Are The Ingredients In Urban Decay Lush Lash?
- Silica: Encourages faster rates of hair growth and regeneration, enhances the strength of each strand, and protects each piece form falling out before the hair cycle is due.
- Moringa pterygosperma seed extract: Nutrient-rich and functioning as a powerful antioxidant, this ingredient significantly enhances the moisture content of your scalp, strengthens each strand, protects hair from damage and fallouts.
- Glycerin: A powerful emollient that significantly improves the moisture levels of your hair and eyelids to support the growth of healthier strands.
- Vitamin E: It has deep conditioning and damage repair functions that promote healthier, well nourished, and fantastically long lashes.
- Panthenol: Improves round-the-clock availability of moisture and enhances the protection of each strand by coating each one and locking in moisture.
- Hydroxycellulose: Improves the moisture content of your lashes and promotes more efficient damage repair.
Directions To Use
Urban Decay Lush Lash is recommended for once up to twice daily use. Thoroughly cleanse application areas and make sure that your eyelids and eyelashes are completely rid of impurities and product residues before using this product. Use the applicator to use the product then leave on. Wait for the product to sink in completely before layering with other products in your beauty regimen.
- Urban Decay Lush Lash is not formulated with prostaglandins, popular eyelash enhancers that are well-known to cause permanent eye discolorations.
- This product does not contain parabens, chemical preservatives that have been repeatedly demonstrated to cause hormonal imbalances and related organ dysfunctions as these chemicals mimic estrogen, disrupting natural regulatory functions.
- User reviews show that complaints about product irritation are rare.
- There is no study presented by the manufacturer that demonstrates this product’s potency and efficacy in delivering on claims made.
- Several beauty websites indicate that this product has been discontinued by Urban Decay, although it appears that the product remains widely available in locations outside of the US.
- Urban Decay Lush Lash was cited in a class action lawsuit that questioned the unsubstantiated claims made about the product and one other Urban Decay product, the Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum.
- User reviews indicate that this mascara tends to clamp up, and that while that may be fine when the product is applied at night, it is not a welcome result when this product is used under makeup.
Does Urban Decay Lush Lash Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Urban Decay Lush Lash:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including menthol and artificial colorants.
- Increased risk for nerve and brain damage due to phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin used in this product as a preservative.
The Urban Decay Lush Lash formula will undoubtedly make your lashes silkier and smoother. As to how it plans to grow and thicken your lash growth, however, more explanation is needed, and the class suit was correct to demand evidence.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day