Urban Skin Rx Night Treatment Review: Is it Really Effective?
Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment Introduction
Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment, US $68 for a 1.7 oz. bottle, contains a multi-functional formula that delivers multiple benefits to make your skin smoother and more evenly toned.
What Does Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Provide mild, daily exfoliation functions to gently lift and eliminate damaged skin
- Draw out impurities stuck in your pores
- Deliver melanin-inhibiting ingredients to correct and regulate abnormal skin pigmentation
- Improve your overall skin tone by calming skin redness and other signs of irritation
- Lighten dark marks and brighten your overall skin tone
Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment Manufacturer’s Detail
Urban Skin Rx is a skin care line that was launched in 2010. “Diverse products for diverse skin tones” is what the brand has been committed to deliver since then. Its founder, Rachel Roff, a licensed medical aesthetician, having suffered her own skin battles as a child, wanted to make available products that will help correct and prevent uneven skin tones among women and men with colored skin.
Working of Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment
This product combines the skin lightening properties of hydroquinone, kojic acid and retinol to improve the appearance of hyper pigmented skin while simultaneously promoting calmer, less irritated skin to even out your skin tone.
Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment Ingredients
- Hydroquinone (2.0%): A skin lightening ingredient, it works by inhibiting melanin formation to correct hyper pigmented spots while simultaneously brightening your overall skin complexion
- Kojic Acid (2.0%): A natural acid derived from mushrooms, this ingredient has been used for centuries in Asia to lighten dark marks and promote natural skin radiance
- Retinol: A Vitamin A derivative well-known for its anti-aging properties, it also has melanin-inhibiting properties that help restore normal melanin production levels and inhibit excessive formation to fade dark marks
- Hyaluronic Acid: Acts as a moisture magnet, this ingredient attracts water droplets from the surroundings so that these rest on your skin where these molecules store it then gradually release the same to keep your skin comfortably hydrated for hours
- Alpha Arbutin: Contains hydroquinone, it also supports the melanin-inhibiting functions of this formula
- Gotu Kola Leaf Extract: Strengthens skin synthesis and promotes a more resilient barrier function
- Alpha Tocopherol: A Vitamin E derivative, it helps protect your skin cells and matrix from free radicals as it re-fortifies your skin’s protective barrier
Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment Pros
- This product contains medical grade ingredients that help purify your skin and deliver anti-aging benefits.
- This product delivers multiple benefits that help correct, prevent, and protect your skin from skin darkening issues, but also other disconcerting skin conditions such acne breakouts and premature skin aging.
- This product contains anti-inflammatory ingredients, antioxidants, and skin-strengthening components that leave your skin with lasting benefits that re-fortifies it and makes it more resilient to future damage and infections.
Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment Cons
- This product contains hydroquinone, a skin lightening ingredient that has been banned for infusion in personal care products in many countries (not in the US) for being a suspected carcinogen.
- This product utilizes retinol, a highly skin sensitizing ingredient which may not be easily tolerated by the skin, and which may be completely rejected by the most sensitive skin types.
- Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment reviews are not available, making it impossible to assess this product’s efficacy based on actual, unbiased account of user experiences.
Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including a wide variety of botanical ingredients and retinol
- Increased risk for cancer due to hydroquinone
- Increased risk for UV damage due to retinol
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment must be applied as a regular part of your evening skin care routine.
The claims and formulation of Urban skincare RxEven Tone Night Treatment have scientific basis. Although, there are strong arguments on the safety of ingredients included, most especially hydroquinone and retinol. In which case, it’s always best to err on the side of caution.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Neck Creams formulations on the market in our opinion: