Urban Skincare Rx Acne Serum Review: Is It Really Effective?
Urban Skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum Introduction
Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum, US $38 for 1 fl. oz., is an anti-acne treatment solution that combines benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid to treat blemishes and prevent acne breakouts.
What Does Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Treat and purify your skin of acne-causing bacteria to clear your skin of blemishes
- Provide daily care for acne-prone skin
- Facilitate faster skin turnovers to relieve your skin of acne marks and eliminate the damaged and infected top layer so that new skin may grow in its place
- Soothe and calm your skin from inflammations to relieve swelling caused by cystic acne, as well as stop other forms of skin irritations
- Improve your overall skin health and complexion
Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum Manufacturer’s Detail
The skin care industry has always been challenged in treating colored skin. Rachel Roff, a licensed medical aesthetician, wanted to improve this situation. That was why she setup the Urban Skin Solutions Med Spa, Laser and Weight Loss Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. After several years of experience in treating women and men of color, Rachel launched Urban Skin Rx, a brand line that was committed to provide “Diverse products for diverse skin tones”.
Working of Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum
This product works by purifying your skin and flushing out the infected and damaged layer to encourage your skin to regenerate and turnover sooner. It simultaneously strengthens your skin to make it more resilient to future damage and infections.
Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum Ingredients
- Benzoyl Peroxide (5.0%): Fights acne-causing bacteria and keeps bacteria levels very low to restore skin balance and help prevent acne breakouts
- Glycolic Acid (5.0%): Forces your skin to turnover so that the damaged and infected layer can be shed to clear your skin of bad bacteria as well as to allow newer, lesser damaged layer to surface
- Arnica and Echinacea: Relieve your skin from inflammation and fade the look of scarring left behind by cystic acne, eventually evening out your skin tone as well as restoring your smooth and flawless complexion
- Gluconolactone: An exfoliating agent, it supports faster skin turnover while also assisting in refortifying your skin’s damaged layer
- Calendula: Improves your skin’s moisture content while simultaneously relieving it of multiple signs of inflammation to help improve your overall skin health and complexion
Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum Pros
- Purifies your skin and keeps it infection-free with a combination of high concentrations of benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid.
- This product has been formulated for daily care of acne-prone skin
- The formula has been highly recommended by the manufacturer for use even on sensitive skin types
Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum Cons
- The high concentrations of benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid in this solution can be irritating to your already inflamed skin.
- Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum reviews are severely limited which makes it impossible to assess how other people’s skins have responded to this treatment.
Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including botanical ingredients, benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid
- Increased risk for cancers due to Sodium Benzoate which, when it combines with Vitamin C, forms benzene, a confirmed carcinogen
- Increased risk for reproductive health related diseases due to EDTA
Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum must only be applied on freshly cleansed skin up to twice daily, depending on your skin’s tolerance for the formula.
Urban skincare Rx Clear Complexion Acne Serum offers a basic acne fighting formula that relieves your skin of infections and promotes overall skin health and appearance with the addition of anti-inflammatory ingredients. Sadly, the same ingredients can also worsen skin irritations.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."