Vichy Dermafinish Foundation Makeup Review: Is This Foundation Safe To Use?
Vichy Dermafinish Overview:
The Vichy Dermafinish is a high coverage lightweight foundation equipped with sun protection of an SPF 30. It gives the skin a smooth, flawless finish with twice the coverage of a normal foundation.
Hopefully, this Vichy Dermafinish review can help you assess if this foundation will be worth your money.
About Vichy Dermafinish – Does It Really Work?
The Vichy Dermafinish Foundation Makeup is produced and manufactured by Vichy, the number 1 anti-aging brand in pharmacies across Europe. The company was founded in 1931 in France and is famous for combining mineral-rich volcanic water called Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water and other clinically proven effective ingredients to help with various skin problems.
This unique volcanic water is harvested from the preserved region of Auvergne and contains 15 minerals that help protect the skin against aggressors and strengthens its natural moisture barrier. It is especially valued for its restorative properties.
Vichy claims that this product of theirs:
- Is allergy tested.
- Is suitable for contact lens wearer and people with sensitive eyes.
- Is dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
- Is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic.
- Is highly effective at an affordable price.
- Can help relieve redness and irritation.
- Can help reduce skin flaws including acne scars and pigmentation.
- Corrects skin imperfections with a blendable, smooth, and oil-free formula.
- Provides a naturally flawless look.
- Provides maximum full coverage without causing dryness and caking.
- Has an SPF of 30 for sun protection.
What Are The Ingredients In Vichy Dermafinish?
The key Vichy Dermafinish ingredients and their respective benefits are:
- Titanium Dioxide: this compound provides sun protection by deflecting the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun, protecting the skin from potential skin damage.
- Glycerin: this humectant attracts water molecules to increase the moisture level on the skin surface.
- Tristearin: this is a derivative of glycerin that acts as an emollient and hydrating agent to keep skin moisturized.
- Dimethicone: this ingredient forms a protective barrier on the surface of the skin to prevent moisture loss.
Directions To Use:
After cleansing the face, apply a small amount of Vichy Dermafinish Foundation Makeup from the inside of the face going outward using a makeup sponge or your clean fingertips. Blend thoroughly around the neck, ears, and along the hairline on top of the forehead. Use light strokes in applying and avoid tugging or pulling the skin. Apply more product to problem areas where flaws are more severe. Blend again to match the surrounding areas. Continue doing this until the desired effect is achieved. For better wearability, finish with a setting powder.
- Provides twice the coverage given by traditional foundations.
- Offers up to 12 of long-lasting flawless wear without melting off or 16 hours when set with a setting powder.
- Healthy and moisturizing.
- Safe and clean for both sensitive skin and eyes.
- Comes with a broad-spectrum sun protection of SPF 30 that protects against the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- Gives the skin a dewy, smooth, and flawless finish.
- Effectively hides imperfections like pigmentation, age spots, acne scars, and redness.
- Comfortable wear.
- Some user reviews complain of clogged pores and mask-like appearance.
- Thick, mud-like texture.
- Sometimes, the foundation does not set well and may cause further dryness of the skin.
- In some cases, it even caused acne breakouts, irritation, and redness on the forehead and cheeks.
- Can cause oiliness as the day progresses.
- Only comes in one shade.
Does Vichy Dermafinish Have Any Side-effects?
There are currently no reported Vichy Dermafinish side effects. However, some customers did mention in their reviews cases of irritation, breakouts, and redness upon application. Other unwanted effects include dryness or excessive oil production.
Overall, the Vichy Dermafinish contains potent ingredients intended to provide supreme coverage, moisture, and protection for the skin. However, not everyone who used the product loved the finish and effects. So, you could buy this product at your own risk.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.