VICHY Lift 10 Activ Eyes Serum Review: Should you buy it?
VICHY Lift Activ Eyes Serum Details
From one of the most popular, highly trusted drugstore personal care products brand in Europe, comes VICHY LiftActiv Eyes, US $33.50 for 0.5 oz. This product, like any other Vichy formulated product, is infused with the Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water that contains 15 minerals that are beneficial to the skin and is derived from French volcanoes. This mineral water restores the skin’s strength, enabling it to withstand harsh, damaging environmental forces as well as potential skin irritants that inflame skin and inflict it with permanent damages, including signs of skin aging.
Combined with Rhamnose, Caffeine and Escine, this product lightens dark under eye circles, pulls up loose skin, evens out wrinkles and leaves skin around the eyes plump, depuffs eye bags, brightens skin complexion, and generally leaves the eye area appearing healthier. Combined, these ingredients also help restore healthy microcirculation that helps clear the eye area of leaked fluids, including blood, which is responsible for the dark pigment around the eye area.
VICHY Lift Activ Eyes Serum Ingredients List
Key active ingredients are:
- Rhamnose: a plant sugar that has become well-known for its anti-aging properties. It stimulates collagen production which, eventually, facilitates skin repairs, rejuvenation and faster turnover
- Caffeine and escine: improve microcirculation of blood and nutrients which instantly brightens the eyes by restoring the proper supply of oxygen underneath the skin. Caffeine also has natural antioxidant properties that help revitalize skin cells and protect skin from free radical damage
- Cera Alba/Beeswax, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol: powerful combination of emollients and humectants that condition skin to bring back normal moisture levels and keep it that way for long periods of time
VICHY Lift Activ Eyes Serum Directions to use
- Use VICHY LiftActiv Eyes only on thoroughly cleansed and toned skin only. Use twice daily, once in the morning and once again with your nighttime skincare routine.
- Apply around the eyes with a gentle tapping motion. Once your eye area is dotted, gently spread in upward, circular fashion until the product has been deeply absorbed by your skin.
- Apply sunscreen separately during the day for added protection from further sun damage.
- Use this product under makeup for daytime use
VICHY Lift Activ Eyes Serum Advantages
- reasonably priced drugstore cream which can easily rival many more expensive eye creams
- easily absorbent and won’t leave skin surface greasy
- highly emollient and plumping
- safe for use on skin around the eyes
- contains antioxidants
- improves microcirculation
VICHY Lift Activ Eyes Serum Disadvantages
- contains phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxic that affects the nervous system
- contains parabens which have been proven to be endocrine-disrupting chemicals
- contains magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, ascorbyl glucoside and tocopheryl acetate, very beneficial skin care ingredients, in very low amounts
- thick texture may not make it an ideal product for those with greasy skin and acne-prone skin
Eye skin problems? No problem. Dark under eye skin can be a tough skin concern to manage but, with the aid of the right products to aid in brightening eye skin complexion and dramatically add moisture, we say brighter skin is so possible.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.