5 Efficient Ways to Improve the Health and Appearance of Your Hair and SkinAdvertising Disclosure ?
Being aware of how you look, doesn’t mean that you’re being superficial. In fact, it has been scientifically proved that external appearance is deeply ingrained within our human nature. Additionally, there’s no hiding the fact that looks play a very important role in today’s society. What’s also very important to highlight is that looks might actually make you earn far more. Unbelievable right?
The greatest thing about it is that you can avail yourself on a journey to improve the most important features, the hair, and skin. It’s only natural that you must keep them healthy at all times. This is why you need to understand your body properly and figure out what’s the best method for your own individual needs. Let’s start with the most difficult one.
The hair that exists on the exterior of the scalp and skin contains no nerves, muscle or blood. This is why it doesn’t hurt to cut it. The very first thing you need to do before embarking on improving it is to keep it hygienic. Wash it as much as it needs to with skin-friendly shampoos. Don’t go overboard with cleaning though, you will do more damages than good. The way your hair appears gets influenced by:
- Scorching sunshine
- Icy winds
- Chemical-filled cosmetic products
You need to provide it oxygen, good protein, and nourishment just like any parts of your body. Just because it’s “dead” it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t take care of it. In case it’s starting to fall, there are certain things that you can do before going under the surgeon’s knife.
Did someone say, Protein?
The good thing about it is the fact that it doesn’t just strengthen your muscle. It also helps to strengthen the hair and promote hair growth. By taking protein supplements safely, you will slow down the process of falling hair and the hair follicles get help to reappear on the surface. That’s exactly what you need if you want a full head of hair. You can find a high amount of natural protein in:
You don’t have to necessarily drink protein shakes or eat protein bars. They are full of sugars and sometimes they can do more damages. Find a way to integrate it naturally in your diet without having to give up what you like.
Take a deep breath and relax
If you want healthy hair, you should never underestimate a good sleep. Your body works best when you sleep for 8 hours. It recharges the system and it fortifies muscles, bones, skin and of course, hair. When you’re not sleeping properly, you don’t provide the body time to restore. Therefore, it’s inevitable that you will see changes in your skin and hair. After all, who doesn’t like a restful sleep?
If you want to have a full night sleep, you need to do some changes in your lifestyle. Try to avoid bringing the stress from your work into your home. As well as, you need to consume high nutritional foods. Do not eat heavily processed foods after 6 pm as your body will take its time to digest the food first then start the work on your body. Before bed, you should avoid:
- Sugary drinks
We aren’t suggesting that you should get rid of all of the fun in life, but you should try to not do it before you sleep. Without some help from you, your body cannot do all of the hard work by itself.
As you may be already aware, skin is the largest organ. When it’s healthy, it will function as a protective barrier that protects us from the outside dangers. When it’s compromised, the ability of it to function normally is completely eliminated. This is why we are giving you the best ways to keep it the way it’s supposed to be.
Researchers have been working day and throughout to find the best foods that specifically help the skin. Thus, if you’re not a big fan of healthy eating, you should at least try to introduce some of these ingredients into your diet.
- Tomatoes – Research has concluded that by incorporating tomato paste into your meals, you will protect it from sunburn. If you consume around 40 grams for up to 10 weeks, you will have 40% less sunburn to deal with. The lycopene in the tomatoes will protect the skin from UV damage.
- Green Tea – This type of tea has polyphenols which will rejuvenate dying skin cells. This means that it will help the body to heal wounds and certain skin conditions such as psoriasis and dandruff. You will no longer have to deal with patches of dry, flaky, and red skin. It can also suppress inflammation. When it comes to healthy drinking, we also recommend that you avoid sugary treats. If you don’t like water, you should know that filtered water tastes much better than bottled water. In addition to this, water filters will get rid of up to 99% of chemicals in the water.
- Olive Oil – If you want to slow down the process of inevitable aging, you need to think about putting some olive oil onto your salad. It will lower the risk of several facial aging. This includes wrinkles, dark spots, and discoloration. In addition to this, it will help with the long-term effects of sunlight exposure.
Keep Moisture Under Control
Too much moisture is just as bad as no moisture. You need to keep it at the top layer of skin cells so it’s hydrated and healthy. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that you should:
- Take Short Showers – You should take a maximum of 10 minutes showers. Excessive washing will strip away the oily layer of the skin and it will dry it out. As well as, you should pay attention to the water temperature.
- Scrub Softly – If you want to clean your skin, you don’t have to scrub aggressively. You won’t take off a stain if you scratch it recklessly. Some bath sponges and washcloths will damage the skin’s surface and it removes the moisture
- Wear non-irritating clothes – Since you will be wearing clothes for the majority of the days, you need to wear skin-friendly clothes. Thus, silk and cotton should be your priority choices when it comes to clothes.
You can’t expect to have healthy skin if you smoke a pack a day. The chemical changes in the body brought by the chemicals in the cigarettes are detrimental to the skin. Thus, you will be able to develop wrinkles and fine lines much faster. The more you smoke, the more the skin will dry out. Therefore, it appears tough and leathery. Additionally, your hairs, nails, and teeth will be negatively affected. The hair is more likely to dry out, thin, and brittle.