Why Anti-Aging Eye Creams are Most Expensive?
There’s no denying that cosmetics and beauty supplies are big business. Billions are spent each and every year on looking great, and among the different products on the market for beauty eye creams are one of the most popular. However, they’re also one of the most expensive, with small amounts running from ten to twenty dollars or even more. It can often seem like the price for anti-aging eye creams is incredibly high, but the fact is that numerous factors lead to this higher price. Once you consider the different reasons that anti-aging eye creams are expensive, the price suddenly seems like a fairly good value.
- Research – Clinical research is a primary driving force behind the cosmetic world. Despite what some people would think, designing an effective anti-aging eye cream isn’t as easy as just mixing some ingredients and hoping for the best. Instead, many days, weeks, and even years of research are done into what compounds are effective for reducing signs of aging. Then, even more research is done to ensure that the products are safe. Research can cost a considerable amount of money, and in order to provide quality anti-aging eye creams it’s also a must.
- Quality Ingredients – Simply put, you get what you pay for. If companies used inferior ingredients, the results would be sub-par. That’s why anti-aging eye creams that actually work cost a bit more in many cases. The ingredients that drive their performance are simply expensive because they’re of the highest quality. That cost is passed on to the consumer.
- General Ingredient Cost – Looking beyond just the high quality of the best ingredients, the simple fact is that the ingredients that go into creating anti-aging eye creams are just more expensive than other cosmetic products. Things like black rice proteins, peptides, retinol, hyaluronic acid, and more are all costly. They’re effective, but they’re not cheap.
- Demand – The laws of supply and demand do factor into the price of anti-aging eye creams. In other words, the sheer number of people who want good creams means that the cost will be higher to account for the reduction of supply. It’s not science-based, but it’s an economic factor that drives prices up.
A lot more goes into creating the perfect anti-aging eye creams than most people realize. The science and ingredients behind these products is much more exact than with other cosmetics like simple makeup. As a result, it’s important to remember that when buying anti-aging eye creams you remember that you’re paying for performance.
It’s also worth noting that the overall value of these eye creams is generally fair. The price may initially seem high, but with some smart shopping you should be able to find a reasonably low price. And compared to everything that goes into their creation, it makes sense that the prices are a bit higher than you would pay for lipstick.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.