Why Dark Circles Under Eyes – A Few Reasons Why You Get Raccoon Eyes
What is the answer to why dark circles under eyes appear? That is difficult. They can come on due to a number of reasons. One of the most prominent is aging. As we age, our skin becomes much thinner all over the place. Since the skin under the eyes is already very thin, it is much worse on appearance there. That is one reason why dark circles under eyes appear. Yet, another reason why dark circles under eyes appear is genetics. Some people come from families that have a hereditary link to developing this dark pigmentation under the eyes. If you look at old photos of your parents and grandparents, and see those pesky circles, you should not be surprised when they appear on you. That is another reason why dark circles under eyes appear.
Another reason is allergies. As people deal with allergies, their body reacts to not only the allergen but also the person’s reaction to the symptoms. With runny or itchy eyes, an allergy victim may rub at their eyes. The body sends extra fluid to this area to help wash out allergens as well. That is another reason why dark circles under eyes appear. A fourth reason why dark circles under eyes appear is nasal congestion. If you have allergies, a cold, or the flu, you likely have a stuffy nose. That leads to the vessels running to the nose from the eyes to swell up. That is another reason why dark circles under eyes appear on some people.
If you do not have allergies, nasal congestion, or a family trait, there are still other reasons why dark circles under eyes appear. You may be leading a life that makes these things worse. When you drink alcohol or caffeinated sodas, your body reacts by drawing moisture out of body tissues since both substances are diuretics. That is why dark circles under eyes appear so bad after you go on a bender. Another issue is smoking. Smoking damages the skin of the face, including the part under the eyes. Eventually, this causes the look of the capillaries to look worse. If any of this applies to you that is why dark circles under eyes appear.
What else can explain why dark circles under eyes appear? Too much exposure to the sun is one problem. Skin pigmentation issues are another. Both together can make things look worse. These two reasons why dark circles under eyes appear are natural. You will find that understanding why dark circles under eyes appear is the first step to making them disappear.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.