Youth Factor: Does Youth Factor Work?
Youth Factor Overview
Botopical has changed its name and is now marketed as the Youth Factor Skin Care System. The Youth Factor Skin Care Anti Wrinkle System includes a daily, a multi and an intensive treatment sold in separate containers. The three main selling points the product line makes are that it contains botanical extracts, it increases circulation and hydration, and it diminishes the visible signs of aging.
Youth Factor – Product Description
Youth Factor’s botoanicals are meant to create soft, supple skin. The botanicals included are: Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Macrocystis Pyrifera, Ceratonia silaqua, Edelweiss extract and Chamomile extract. The product also features two amino acid delivery systems which first relaxes facial muscles before the second system builds collagen and plumps the skin. No other information is given on this proprietary delivery system such as ingredients or how the amino acids know in which order to operate.
The daily treatment is meant to restructure and strengthen skin function, the multi treatment is meant to soothe dryness, increase circulation and tighten the skin, while the intensive treatment supposedly smoothes away lines and wrinkles in twenty minutes.
Youth Factor is to be applied after cleansing and moisturizing. The product claims to be safe for use around the eyes. You can also use the product on your neck and chest, however, the website recommends using the product as directed, which is for the face. There is also mention of “treatment pads” which are a bonus product for ordering the complete set, yet no information is given on the product, and it does not appear that it may be purchased separately.
Youth Factor’s makers recommend using the product line after cleansing with a gentle soap and using a toner. Though the initial description for the intensive treatment claims results in “just twenty minutes,” the FAQ section of the web site encourages users to wait up to four weeks if they do not see immediate results.
Youth Factor Advantage
- The product is not tested on animals.
- If the instant results claim is true, losing wrinkles in twenty minutes is very fast.
- Consumers in the US or abroad may purchase the products, and it is available for purchase via web, phone, fax or standard mail.
Youth Factor – Drawbacks
- The description of Youth Factor’s amino acid delivery system is vague.
- No clinical trials reported.
- There is a whole celebrities (plural) page on the web site, yet only one (Carolyn Sapp) is listed as using the product.
- There is only a 60-day kit available—products may not be purchased individually.
Youth Factor – The Bottom line
Youth Factor could be a great product if you need a quick fix within twenty minutes, but even then, we don’t know if it will work for everyone. The lack of information about the product’s research and development leaves us with many questions. We know it is not tested on animals, but is it tested on anyone? We would also like to see more information about their amino acid delivery system and more information that differentiates the three products. As it is, the use of words such as “magical,” and “elegant” to describe the products makes one question the existence of scientific data behind the product.
Youth Factor used to be Botopical, and one has to question the dramatic change of names. Were there complaints against Botopical? If the company offered a trial or at least a money-back guarantee, we would consider trying the system at least to see if the 20-minute fix is worth it. The price for the complete system is under $100. However, since there is no guarantee or research data given, too many questions remain, and the product does not give the appearance of holding up to similar products on the market.
Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."