Youthology Eye Serum: Does Youthology Eye Serum Work?
Youthology Eye Serum Overview
Youthology Eye Serum is an anti-aging formula designed for mature skin that promises to reduce fine lines and wrinkles (including crow’s feet) in just 90 seconds, with effects lasting up to 8 hours. Its active ingredient is Rejuvatin, a patented “skin suspension complex” that temporarily mimics the mechanics of a facelift.
There is a wealth of information on the site, which boasts a detailed FAQ section as well as separate pages for clinical trial results an online shop, general product information and customer testimonials, many of which support the “90 second” promise. At the bottom of the testimonials page, there is an option to submit your own and win a trip to Los Angeles.
The serum is produced by Youthology Research Institute based in California, and a short bio of the company’s dermatologist founder is featured on the site. The product is “as seen on TV” and the site also features a narrated video and several before/after photos with accompanying videos. The company can be reached via telephone, email or postal mail.
Youthology Eye Serum – Product Description
It’s not explained what the serum’s principal ingredient, Rejuvatin, actually is, other than a skin suspension complex that is a “clinically optimized” formula for use in the serum. The product is stated to include extracts of Echinacea, an antiseptic, and gotu kola, a medicinal wound-healing herb. Other than this, there’s little else info on the ingredients. This is slightly misleading as the site appears to be all show and no tell – there is no complete list of ingredients mentioned anywhere on the site, which may be discouraging to allergy sufferers.
What is explained is the actual mechanism of the “mimicked” face-lift: the cream fills in fine lines and wrinkles, and as the Rejuvatin shrinks over 90 seconds, it gently tightens the skin in the way a surgical face-lift would. It is mentioned that the serum is purely a superficial treatment and does not treat the excessive pigmentation that causes dark circles; it only reduces them. It’s also stated that the serum hasn’t undergone comodogenic testing, but that they try to avoid pore-clogging ingredients and have been certified as hypo-allergenic.
Currently this technology is only available in an eye cream, and the site does mention the possibility of forthcoming products using Rejuvatin for other areas of the body (a lip line treatment is also offered). In addition, the FAQ addreses some troubleshooting issues with regards to application of the cream, and recommends that only water-based makeup should be used and can be applied before using the serum. The serum costs $39.99, but the amount per bottle is undisclosed. The company offer a 30-day money-back guarantee (minus shipping cost) as long as you return the product 6 weeks of receipt.
Youthology Eye Serum Advantage
- Innovative technology, non-surgical option with surgical results
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Money-back guarantee
- Extensive FAQ section
Youthology Eye Serum – Drawbacks
- No info on clinical trials
- No full ingredients list/scientific facts
- Amount in jar not disclosed, so price fairness can’t be gauged
Youthology Eye Serum – The Bottomline
Youthology’s official site appeared to contain a lot of good scientific info to explain the mechanism of its product, but sadly most of the site is packed with filler, application instructions, the founder’s bio and many, many videos, pictures and testimonials. It may be that the company would prefer to follow the “show don’t tell” route to hook potential customers, given that the “mimics a face-lift” claim is quite a bold innovation, the site’s lack of tangible, convincing information is eschewed in favour of fluffy sales talk, leaving the overall result rather empty.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.