Bioderma Photoderm AKN MAT SPF 30 Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Bioderma Photoderm AKN MAT SPF 30?
As per the manufacturer, Anything that’s too much or too little can be damaging to your health, most of the time, and that includes your skin health when it comes to the sun. Sun exposure is your skin’s worst enemy when it comes to damaging and aging.
Table of Contents [Show]
Once skin is sun damaged, it can either be relieved or remedied but never completely reversed. Choosing the right sunscreen will take you at great lengths in protecting your skin from aging.
From Bioderma comes Photoderm AKN MAT SPF 30. It includes a UVA 13 protection that qualifies it as a broad spectrum sunscreen. Made with the exclusive Fluidactiv technology, BiodermaPhotoderm AKN MAT SPF 30 protects your pores from infections and irritations often associated with sunscreen use, and the grease that accompanies it.
This makes this sunscreen the perfect protection for combination to oily, and acne prone skin types. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
Moreover, this product also includes Cellular Bioprotectiontechnology which utilizes antioxidants to give your skin an added boost of protection from sun damage. BiodermaPhotoderm AKN MAT SPF 30 also leaves your skin with a matte finish that makes it a great under makeup skin protection.
Product price is not mentioned in official website.
What are the Ingredients in Bioderma Photoderm AKN MAT SPF 30?
- glycolic acid: This plant-derived acid is a proven exfoliator that removes dead skin cells while encouraging the production of new, healthy cells. It also helps unclog pores and by stimulating cellular turnover, it is an effective formula for improving the skin’s texture and appearance. However it may cause burning sensation to sensitive skin.
- Citric Acid: Citric acid is a wonderful ingredient for treating several skin problems like mild acne, pigmentation, clogged pores, sun tanning, wrinkles, and dark spots. However, People with sensitive skin should avoid using creams containing citric acid as it may cause irritation or a rash to form.
How to Apply Bioderma Photoderm AKN MAT SPF 30
For best results, the manufacturer suggests to-
- Apply generous amounts of BiodermaPhotoderm AKN MAT SPF 30 on clean, dry skin, at least 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapply frequently throughout the day, approximately every two hours or, every after becoming wet with water or after excessively sweating.
Benefits of Bioderma Photoderm AKN MAT SPF 30
- This product provides broad spectrum protection from sun damage. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- Its contents will not degrade or deteriorate when exposed to sun and heat. It will not clog pores.
- It is also paraben-free.
Disadvantages of Bioderma Photoderm AKN MAT SPF 30
- Bioderma Photoderm AKNMAT SPF 30, unfortunately, still contains phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxic ingredient often used as a product preservative but which can damage the nervous system.
- No less than the US Food and Drug Administration has issued that warning a few years back.
- The formulation is also scented which may make it irritating to very sensitive skin types.
Final Verdict- Bioderma Photoderm AKN MAT SPF 30
There is no money back guarantee mentioned for this product in official website.
You need sunscreen, no questions asked. However, other than getting yourself a sun-protecting product that actually works to shield your skin from the sun, it will serve you well to look at the other qualities that are always important to your skin — gentle, non-irritating, and contains added benefits.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."