Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum?
As per manufacturer, Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum is an anti-aging serum that claims to erase wrinkles while giving the skin a lift. It is also said to brighten the skin and make the skin tone of the user more even for firm, fresh and lively skin.
The product uses calming ingredients along with Clinique Smart technology to restore the skin’s youthful qualities. A 1 oz. container is priced $59.50 on the Clinique website.
Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum –Does it really work?
The product claims to be clinically proven to improve age lines and wrinkles, skin tone and give the skin a lift. It works to repair aging, damaged skin and improve its texture and radiance.
Clinique was founded on the belief that great skin is achievable. It claims to be the first cosmetics brand that is dermatologist-tested. It offers treatment innovations for specific skin types and concerns.
What are the Ingredients in Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum
- Caffeine – This ingredient is commonly used as an anti-inflammatory in skincare treatments. Specifically, caffeine is meant to improve circulation and diminish the appearance of under eye puffiness and dark under eye circles. Unfortunately, any results you’ll see from such an ingredient are temporary. There is no proof that caffeine can reverse the appearance of such issues around the eyes.
- Licorice and Red algae extract – These ingredients naturally reduce inflammation to address eye puffiness and bags under the eyes
- Vitamin C and Ergothioneine – The two are combined for fast skin lightening, reducing the appearance of dark spots quickly
- Ultrasomes and roxisomes – These key ingredients help repair the damage caused by the ultraviolet rays of the sun in order to restore the youthful qualities of the skin
- Hyaluronic acid and Wheat-germ oil – These are powerful moisturizing ingredients to hydrate the skin, prevent dryness and slow down the skin’s aging process.
How to Apply Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum
- ApplyClinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum in the morning and evening on clean and dry skin.
- Place two pumps of the formula in the palm of your hand then apply all over your face with upward motions.
- Apply the rest of the serum onto your neck. Massage the formula gently onto the skin to improve absorption.
Benefits of Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum
- The formulation uses several active ingredients.
- There are many good reviews from users saying it is effective. But also some users have said that the product does not deliver expected results and have even made the skin to break out.
Disadvantages of Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum
- The price of the anti-aging product is high
- The product has not been tested by an independent laboratory so it is not substantially proven to be effective
- There is feedback saying it is not very effective for severe wrinkles
- This product contains several ingredients that have the potential to cause your skin to become reactive and inflamed.
Final Verdict- Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum
Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum is a good anti-aging product that uses well-known key ingredients. It has good reviews from people who say it is really effective but there is also some negative feedback on the product. The main problem is the high price but this is still a product worth trying if you’re looking for something to address the most common skin aging signs.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.