What Is Dermalogica Clean Start?
Dermalogica Clean, Start,Ready, Set, Scrub! is another skincare product which, if the beauty sucker in you hasn’t already tried, is a multi-tasking skin cleanser. Finally! A facial cleanser that does more things than one!
It acts as a scrub and a mask with anti-acne scrub, pore refining and toning benefits. Its primary skin cleansing agent is clay that helps lift skin impurities, soak it up and flush it out. When rinsing the product, it begins acting as a scrub, effectively eliminating the skin impurities collected and flushing out dead skin cells. Although this product is not available on any reputed websites for sale.
Dermalogica was founded in Carson California in 1986 as a skincare company that catered to the special skincare needs of teenagers. When the company was just starting out, the products, which include exfoliants, moisturizers and cleansers, were only sold and made available in highly specialized concept stores. Today, Dermalogica is sold in over 89 countries.
Dermalogica Clean Start : Does It Really Work?
Dermalogica Clean,Start,Ready, Set, Scrub! works two ways — as a mask and as a scrub.
The product primarily contains clay, menthol and silica. Clay is what’s responsible for pulling out and soaking up excess oils and skin impurities that clog your pores. The soothing after feel of menthol revitalizes the skin, tightens pores and even relaxes muscles and constricted capillaries underneath the skin. When scrubbing, tiny silica granules collect skin impurities and dead skin cells then, flushes these off your skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Dermalogica Clean Start
- Butylene Glycol: This ingredient is a colorless organic alcohol used as a solvent and as a conditioning agent. This ingredient can cause a rashes and other forms of irritation in individuals with sensitive skin.
- Cetyl Alcohol: This ingredient works as an emollient, emulsifier, thickener and carrying agent for other ingredients contained in a cosmetic solution.
- Salicylic Acid: This ingredient helps to remove dirt, sweat and excess sebum from the skin.
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
Benefits Of Dermalogica Clean Start
Your skin will benefit from Dermalogica Clean, Start, Ready, Set, Scrub! in the following ways:
- Product offers a dual tasking product that acts as a mask and as a scrub
- Leaves your skin visibly clean, blemish-free, and more radiant. Although customers are not happy with its results.
- Deeply cleanses skin without drying it out
Disadvantages Of Dermalogica Clean Start
- There is very limited available information about how all of the ingredients in this product come together to result to skin benefits claimed by the manufacturer.
- Product contains potentially irritating ingredients that makes it unsuitable for people with hypersensitivity to any of the product ingredients.
- The product is not easily available.
- There are very limited reviews online.
- Not suitable for all skin types.
How To Apply Dermalogica Clean Start
- Cleanse skin thoroughly. Pat dry, air and rest for a few minutes. Once your face is completely dried, scoop up just the right lump of product from your jar with clean, dry hands.
- Apply product on your face, spreading it all over to make a thin layer.
- Avoid eye area.
- Gently massage your skin in fine upward, circular motion.
- Leave on for about 15 minutes or until product turns into lumps.
- For best results, use Dermalogica Clean Start Ready, Set, Scrub! AM , 3-5 times a week.
Does Dermalogica Clean Start Have Any Side Effects?
- Product contains potentially irritating botanical ingredients
- Product contains menthol which is a well known skin irritant which may aggravate skin irritation.
Final Verdict : Dermalogica Clean Start anti-acne scrub
Clay has been shown and proven many times over to deeply cleanse skin and lift up stubborn dirt, gooey excess oils, stubborn makeup, and other potentially infective skin impurities that clog your pores. When not regularly cleansed, these can cause acne and pimple breakouts or, leave unsightly blemishes, marks, whiteheads and blackheads on your face. Harness the skin clearing power of clay.