E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant?
E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant, US $10, is an exfoliating scrub (Link to Chart table) that promises to peel away the damaged layer of your skin so that a newer, lesser damaged layer can surface and take its place.
From the very start, when Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F.) was still being drawn out by its founders, Joseph Shamah and Scott Vincent Borba in 2004, this cosmetics brand’s mission was to make top quality cosmetics accessible to all. E.L.F.’s brand image has stuck to this day, as it continues to deliver products that perform at much lesser cost compared to its luxury or prestige brand counterparts. Today, E.L.F. has expanded its product offering to include other skin care and personal care products.
E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant – Does it Really work?
Based on the manufacturer’s claims this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Clear your surface layer of grime and debris, including dead skin.
- Revitalize your skin to rid it of dullness and give it a healthy, natural glow.
- Promote a better, more even toned skin.
- Enhance the structure and texture of your skin by encouraging faster skin regeneration and turnover.
- Lighten dark skin imperfections and see to the delivery of a clearer skin with a brighter complexion.
This exfoliant is designed to deliver gentle exfoliation that sloughs away dead skin cells and eliminates other impurities on your skin without hurting or damaging your surface layer. This formula further works by enhancing your skin tone, moisture and brightness.
What Are The Ingredients In E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant?
- Microcrystalline Cellulose: Functions as exfoliant, these deliver very fine particles to give your skin a refined exfoliating texture.
- Glycerin: A powerful emollient, it helps protect your skin from drying out, even as you are still exfoliating. However sometimes it causes allergic reactions like rash, itching or swelling.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate: Has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe and calm your skin.
- Tangerine: Has natural astringent functions, it tightens your pores and smoothens out the surface of your skin.
- Papaya: Contains enzymes that help in lightening dark marks and brightening your overall skin tone.
How To Apply E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant
As suggested by manufacturer:
- E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant must be used up to thrice weekly only or, less for sensitive skin.
- Apply on damp skin the, rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Benefits Of E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant
- This product is a physical exfoliant that provides a refined, mildly abrasive manner of exfoliating.
- This product can enhance the structure and texture of your skin by encouraging faster skin regeneration and turnover but may cause rash or itching on skin.
- Promotes softer and smoother skin.
Disadvantages Of E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant
- The product tends to ball up and form lumps which can clog your pores.
- This product will not be as effective as an alpha and beta hydroxy acid in exfoliating your skin.
- E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant reviews indicate that several users experienced skin irritations.
Does E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant Have Any Side-Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
Final Verdict : E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant
E.L.F. Gentle Peeling Exfoliant offers mild physical abrasion using micro-beads to exfoliate your skin, an option that best suits sensitive and chemically-intolerant skin. This product will give you basic results in exchange for a basic formulation. Nothing beats organic acids when your objective is to regenerate new skin but, it’s not it won’t work for all types of skin.Also it does not come with money back guarantee.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: