Advertising Disclosure ?
As the owner/sponsor of this website, we have the full intention to be compliant with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules about the use of testimonials, endorsements, and overall content in advertising and marketing. Accordingly, we want you as a visitor to understand the instances we get paid to sell all products or services on this site.
The content that appears on this page is presented as a nominative use product overview. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate, out-of-date, or otherwise questionable, please leave a comment or contact us. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content. With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. We are dedicated to providing the most scientifically valid, unbiased, and comprehensive information on any given topic. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The table below identified "Our Top Products" does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as the owner of and/or resellers of all products listed within it. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are sales links, and we receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase through our website. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of product sponsor associations.
Reading Time: 2 minutes
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus Introduction
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment, US $36.95 for 40 ml, purifies your pores and give you the power, once and for all, to banish your acne for good. More specifically, this product is specially formulated to deliver the following skin health and beauty benefits:
- Reduce and eventually eliminate acne-causing bacteria to relieve blemishes, prevent new infections and stop breakouts from damaging your skin
- Provide gentle but thorough exfoliation that draws out impurities from your pores
- Helps control oil production and regulate sticky grease from building on the surface of your skin to prevent attracting and harboring acne-causing bacteria
This product is manufactured by La Roche-Posay, founded by the L’Oreal Group in 1995 to represent its line of products specially formulated for use by people with sensitive and problematic skin.
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus Ingredients
- Benzoyl Peroxide (5.5%): Kills acne-causing bacteria, eliminating breakouts by purifying your skin, cleansing infected pores, and stopping infection even before it starts
- Micro-Exfoliating LHA (0.4%): Provides thorough skin exfoliation that cleanses your skin, gently sloughs off the infected and damaged top layer, stimulates higher levels of collagen production, and facilitates skin turnover to replace the damaged skin surface
- Capryloyl Salicylic Acid: Aids in exfoliating your skin’s top layer, purifies your pores, regulates the population of acne causing bacteria, and puts better control over oil production to prevent excessive greasing
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus Directions
Use La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment up to two times daily, starting off by gradually introducing the product on your skin. Apply product only on freshly cleansed and toned areas of your skin affected by acne.
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus Advantages
- All La Roche-Posay products are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be oil-free, non-drying, free from fragrances, and won’t clog pores.
- This product is dermatologist formulated and tested, and safe for use by people with sensitive and problematic skin.
- One La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus review claims that this product is every single drop worth it for every dollar, which many others claim to have experienced as well.
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus Disadvantages
- By the nature of this product, skin irritations and other adverse skin reactions must be expected so, make sure to perform a patch test before doing a full face application.
- An author of a La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus review who has sensitive skin said that the product left a chemical burn on her face while others said they did not experience any improvements.
- Product effectiveness at clearing acne depends on how well your skin responds to the formulation
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment contains three primary ingredients with very specific functions in this formulation. Combined into a single formula. In the end, still, this product is only as good as how well it works with your skin.
Currently the health and beauty industry offers a wide variety of acne treatments. While it is important to choose a product that is formulated to function best with an individual's particular skin type, it is also crucial to consider several other factors before purchasing anti-acne products. More specifically, the best acne treatments should be able to penetrate deeply into skin. At the same time, a quality acne treatment will also contain ingredients that can minimize the appearance of skin's pores, clear up any facial blemishes, and actually remove dead skin cells as well as black and whiteheads. Below are some of our most effective acne treatment products on the market today; each product is evaluated on how well it matches up with the previously explained requirements for a quality acne treatment.
Below you'll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion:
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."