What Is La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur?
La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur claims to be an instant oil-absorbing coverage cream mousse that works to blur the appearance of pores while covering blemishes. It uses shade adapting pigments that provide moderate coverage for even-looking skin and to hide blemishes. There are two shades available (light and medium) which are being sold.
La Roche Posay is known to specialize in skin care products specially formulated for sensitive skin. It is under the L’Oreal group of companies. The brand uses the La Roche Posay Thermal Spring water which claims to have powerful soothing and softening effects on the skin due to its rich selenium and antioxidant content.
La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur Pros and Cons
- Skin Type:Oily, Sensitive, Acne-prone
- Benefit:Visibly Covers Blemishes, Evens Skin, Instantly Absorbs Oil, Blurs The Look Of Pores
- Ingredients:Mattifier Airlicium, Perlite, Silica Silylate, Tridecane
- Brand:La Roche-Posay
- Weight:1.01 Fl Oz (30 ml)
- The formula hides skin imperfections including fine lines quickly
- The product is easy to remove but it might be cause dryness on skin.
- There are two shades to choose from
- It conceals pores well and can also hide fine lines
- It is a little pricey compared to similar offerings from other skin care companies
- Some users say it causes breakouts
- La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur only comes in two shades so not all skin tones can be matched
- Coverage doesn’t last very long for most users
- Some people say it causes skin irritation upon application
La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur – Does It Really Work?
La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur is ultra-lightweight and oil-free. It utilizes special shade adapting pigments that provide moderate coverage to make the skin more even while at the same time concealing blemishes. The formula claims to provide instant correction for blemish-prone skin and it gives the user a visibly flawless complexion upon application.
What Are The Ingredients In La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur?
Here are the active ingredients:
Mattifier Airlicium: This is a cutting-edge active ingredient that offers powerful soothing effects. It absorbs 150 times its weight in oil for long-lasting matte skin.
Perlite: This active ingredient absorbs sweat and humidity for perfect-looking skin.However, it may cause dryness if prolonged exposure .
BB pigments: It visibly covers blemishes instantly
The other ingredients are Dimethicone, Undecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tridecane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica Silylate, Perlite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Retinyl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide. It May contain Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides .
How to Apply La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur?
- Apply daily on clean, dry skin preferably after cleansing.
- Apply all over your face as a daily coverage product.
- It can be used in the morning and evening after cleansing or treating skin.
- It can also be layered over Effaclar Duo for best results.
You May Also Like – Whitenicious Reviews and POND’s Flawless White Ultra Luminous Serum Reviews
Final Verdict: La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur
In the end, the product is impressive in many ways. La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur feels great on the skin and instantly blurs the look of pores. However, the main problem is that there are only two shades available which may not suit some skin tones. All in all, this is still an excellent product worth trying.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion:
The Beauty Insiders takes every opportunity to use high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. Read our editorial guidelines to learn more about how we keep our content accurate, reliable, and trustworthy. Maxim LD, Niebo R, McConnell EE. Perlite toxicology and epidemiology--a review. Inhal Toxicol. 2014;26(5):259-270. doi:10.3109/08958378.2014.881940.
 Prasad S, Tyagi AK, Aggarwal BB. Recent developments in delivery, bioavailability, absorption, and metabolism of curcumin: the golden pigment from golden spice. Cancer Res Treat. 2014;46(1):2-18. doi:10.4143/crt.2014.46.1.2.