La Roche Posay Substiane Review: Should You Go For It?
La Roche Posay Substiane Description
Substiane is an anti-aging daily moisturizer that addresses the many challenges experienced by aging skin, including loose and sagging skin, formation of fine lines and wrinkles, and loss of firmness, moisture, and elasticity. This cream is claimed to help skin recover from dryness and lack of vigor by tightening it and flooding it with moisture.
This product is formulated with two proprietary ingredients: Pro-Xylane and Linactyl to help restore skin’s elasticity and suppleness. Substiane is a product of La Roche-Posay, a division of the L’Oreal Group. It is paraben-free and recommended for use on all skin types including sensitive skin types.
Substiane costs US$ 57 for every 40 ml bottle. The product is available for online purchase from the brand website as well as on reseller sites such as Amazon and ebay.
La Roche Posay Substiane Ingredients
- Aqua / Water
- Glycerin: emollient
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter: emollient
- Cyclohexasiloxan: emollient
- Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil: emollient
- Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate: binder
- Isohexadecane: emollient
- Zea Mays Starch / Corn Starch: skin protectant
- Silica: anti-caking agent
- Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol: emollient
- Cera Alba / Beeswax: binder
- Stearic Acid: fragrance
- Dimethicone: emollient
- Palmitic Acid: fragrance
- PEG-100 Stearate: surfactant
- Glyceryl Stearate: emulsifier
- Propylene Glycol: humectant
- PEG-20 Tearate: surfactant
- Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane: surfactant
- Stearyl Alcohol: emulsifier
- Dimethiconol: anti-foaming agent
- Arginine Pca: humectant
- Serine: fragrance
- Disodium Edta: chelating agent
- Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract: emollient
- Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetylester: emollient
- Polysorbate 80: emulsifier
- Acrylamide / Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer: viscosity agent
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate: antioxidant
- Sodium Benzoate: preservative
- Phenoxyethanol: preservative
- Benzoic Acid: preservative
- Parfum / Fragrance
La Roche Posay Substiane Directions to Use
Substiane must only be used on mature, wrinkled skin, never on skin below 30.
This product is ideal for use on aging skin experiencing problems with wrinkle development and saggy skin.
La Roche Posay Substiane Advantages
- Product ingredient list is fully disclosed
- Product is available in stores and online
- Product formulation can possibly help improve the look and feel of skin
- Skin becomes tighter, firmer with regular, daily use
La Roche Posay Substiane Disadvantages
- Product is mainly made up of emollients and skin conditioners which may bring temporary and short-lived improvements to skin’s appearance and texture but, very little long term or lasting improvement in the appearance of saggy skin
- Contains very small proportions of well-known anti-aging ingredients which includes antioxidants and peptides and are therefore not enough to support the rebirth of a skin that’s noticeably younger and more youthful, as claimed
- At its bare state, this product is comparable to just a basic moisturizer
The reason why a full disclosure of ingredients is a requirement when making a decision about products that are as highly complex and specialized as a wrinkle cream is because you need to establish a clear basis for claims made by the manufacturer.
Since a comparison may be advantageous, check out other products that claim to be capable of delivering the same things being claimed by Substiane. There are many anti-aging serums available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: