What Is Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream?
As per the manufacturer, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream is a moisturizer (plz link to the chart) treatment formulation specially designed and combined to relieve extra dry skin with a sudden surge of moisture that comfortably keeps your skin well-conditioned for a very long period. However, it may cause itching or swelling on the skin.
This product is brought to you by Johnson Johnson, one of the world’s first and largest multinational companies that have existing business interests in the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices industries. Neutrogena is managed under J J’s Consumer Division and is branded as the specialty formulation line specially designed to address challenging skin issues while maintaining the mildness and gentleness of the product.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Pros and Cons
- Skin Type:Dry
- Benefit:Provides Rapid Hydration To Skin, Leaving It Looking Smooth And Supple
- Ingredients:Dimethicone, Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid
- Weight:1.7 oz/48 g
- This product is delivered in a gel form which allows the product to be more readily absorbed into your skin and become assimilated into your skin for an instant surge of moisture that comforts your skin.
- The rich face lotion relieves intense dryness by providing long-lasting moisturizing power.
- Face lotion provides long-lasting moisture relief for your extra-dry skin day after day.
- Daily moisturizer relieves intense dryness to restore skin’s natural barrier against moisture loss.
- This product’s full ingredients list shows preservatives and additives listed high up before the beneficial ingredients vital for this product to deliver on its claims.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost reviews indicate that not everyone is satisfied with the moisturizing function of this cream and, in fact, some users get irritated due to product use.
- The product is packaged in a transparent jar which can hardly keep the contents potent and likely to become degraded from constant exposure to air, heat, and sunlight.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost — Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Give your skin a hydration boost that brings your skin an instant surge of moisture that is long-lasting.
- Relieve dry to very dry skin, effectively enhancing your skin’s suppleness and smoothness.
- Minimize surface water loss by enhancing your skin’s natural ability to retain moisture, and to improve your skin’s natural protective barrier to help keep moisture in.
- Reverse and prevent signs of skin damage and aging caused by chronic skin dryness.
- Promote a healthier, dewier, and younger looking skin relieved from flaking and cracking caused by extreme dryness.
What Are The Ingredients In Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream?
Dimethicone: A silicone ingredient that intensely conditions your skin’s outer surface which gives it an instantly slippery feel and helps keep the moisture locked in. However, burning, stinging, redness, or irritation may occur .
Glycerin: A common emollient found in skincare products that significantly moisturizes and conditions the skin, inside and out for a hydration boost that can last you for hours .
Hyaluronic Acid: Attracts moisture from the atmosphere and from tissues surrounding your skin to keep your skin well hydrated for long periods of time as it controls and regulates moisture release .
How To Apply Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream?
For best results, the manufacturer suggests that-
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost is recommended to be worn up to twice daily as part of your morning and evening skin care regimens.
- To further boost skin enhancements due to this product’s performance, make sure to wear sunscreen in the morning to prevent photoaging.
Does Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-CreamHave Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including silicones which can clog your pores and cause an infection.
- Increased risk for developing irreversible damages to the matrix due to long-term regular contact of skin with chlorphenesin.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain-related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin used as preservative.
Que: Is Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Good for Oily Skin?
Ans: Yes, it is good for oily skin and even suitable for tricky skin types like acne-prone and sensitive skin.
Final Verdict: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
The silicones contained in Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry Skin will give your skin a slippery and well-conditioned feel on the surface. Long-term improvements, however, can be debatable.