What is Panoxyl Acne Foaming Wash?
As per the manufacturer,Panoxyl Acne Maximum Strength Foaming Wash, US $12, is a facial cleanser that can help you get rid of acne breakouts and prevent new ones from occurring in the future.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following skin health and beauty benefits:
- Improve the appearance of acne and marks left by breakouts.
- Purify your skin from acne causing bacteria. However according to reviews results are temporary.
- Cause your skin’s surface layer to peel off and, in the process, stimulate the faster rate of skin regeneration and turnover so that newer, lesser damaged, and an uninfected layer can show.
- Dry out papules and relieve swollen skin.
This product is formulated and distributed by one of the largest, most recognizable brands in the pharmaceutical industry, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). The London-based company is the result of a merger in 2000 of its forerunner companies, Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham. As of 2015, GSK was recognized as the sixth largest pharmaceutical company in the world, falling behind companies that include Pfizer and Novartis.
Panoxyl Acne Foaming Wash – Does it really work?
This product works by gently sloughing off your skin’s surface layer so that faster rates of collagen production, regeneration and turnover can happen. Newer, lesser damaged, and the uninfected layer can then rise to the surface to clear your skin of acne-causing bacteria as well as start fading acne marks.
What are the Ingredients in Panoxyl Acne Foaming Wash?
- Benzoyl Peroxide (10%): A tried and tested ingredient for purifying acne-prone skin of bacteria, it causes skin to become clearer and rid it of infections.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: Derived from coconut oil, it acts as a surfactant, drawing out impurities from your pores while gently lifting and loosening up debris that masks your skin.
- Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid: Alpha hydroxy acids that help soften the dirt and grime from your skin so that these may be eliminated as these also stimulate the process of regeneration and renewal. However it may cause burning sensation to sensitive skin.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil: Helps restore the lost moisture in your skin to keep it from drying out.
Benefits of Panoxyl Acne Foaming Wash
- This product is made with benzoyld peroxide, one of the most well-recognized acne treatments that deliver treatment that promotes blemish-free skin.
- The manufacturer is a reputable company which has been known for producing some of the most life-changing pharmaceutical products to date.
- The formula is designed to treat acne on the face, chest, and back. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
Disadvantages of Panoxyl Acne Foaming Wash
- The product, by nature, has a tendency to become irritating to the skin, and formation of inflammation is always a possibility during product use.
- Panoxyl Acne Maximum Strength Foaming Wash reviews have indicated how severely drying this product can be, most especially for dry and sensitive skin types.
Does Panoxyl Acne Foaming Wash have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including sulfates which can severely dry out your skin.
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions due to parabens.
- Increased risk for clogging pores due to mineral oil.
How to apply Panoxyl Acne Foaming Wash
For best results, the manufacturer suggests that Panoxyl Acne Maximum Strength Foaming Wash must be used day and night as the first step in your routine.
Final Verdict: Panoxyl Acne Maximum Strength Foaming Wash
Panoxyl Acne Maximum Strength Foaming Wash is a specially formulated skin cleanser designed to help clear breakouts. It just might not be a product that will be suitable for use on all types of skin. Also, there is no clear mention of any Return policy on the official website.