Revitalash: Does Revitalash Work?
Revitalash – Overview
The story of Revitalash is as romantic as long flirtatious lashes fluttering in the direction of an admirer. Over three years ago, Dr. Michael Brinkenhoff developed an eyelash formula that would restore his wife Gayle’s once-perfect lashes that had been ravaged by chemotherapy treatments for breast cancer. During her recovery, Revitalash, at the time just a personal potion from her loving husband, helped give Gayle a small token of her former self–no gift could lift her spirits more. As a result of her husband’s gesture and the response from family and friends who knew what Gayle had been through, she named the eyelash conditioner Revitalash for the vitality it restored to her lashes. When the product hit the market, Dr. Michael and Gayle Brinkenhoff knew a portion of the proceeds from every sale needed to go to non-profit breast cancer research and education. Through that commitment another relationship was formed, this time with Athena Cosmetics, Inc., a company focused on creating products that provide a positive experience due to lasting results.
Revitalash’s online presence is delivered in an alluring color scheme of black and shades of blue. The main menu bar links visitors to the product story, the product description, frequent questions, testimonials, customer service and product news. Built on the promise to “Revitalize the look of your lashes…Longer, Thicker, Fuller”, Revitalash.com shows a half section of a beautifully made-up face with extra long lashes. Below the product promise, the website displays its product authentication guarantee, the logo of its parent company and telephone contact information.
Revitalash – Product Description
Upon clicking the Product link, the Revitalash.com website provides very little product information suggesting that the romantic story and picture-less testimonials should be enough to make an informed decision. However, at $150 per tube, most visitors would require more information. A search through cyberspace reveals that the liquid eyeliner-like product can be purchased for $120 through authorized retailers and contains such ingredients as de-ionized water, sodium chloride, citric acid, and a cryptic formulation that critics suspect is a formulation of prostaglandin. Dramatic results are possible after four weeks of use.
The product website contains a running list of testimonials but no result photos, ingredients or clinical research data is provided. Third-party online reviews prove that Revitalash isn’t just a sentimental story. Many users mentioned slight burning or tingling plus dry irritated eyes, but the side effects were resolved with a standard eye drop. The ratings mostly fell at both extremes of the five point scale, but the majority was pleased with the results after six to eight weeks of use.
Revitalash – Advantage
- Revitalash donates a portion of its proceeds to breast cancer research.
- Revitalash has earned a large majority of positive reviews.
- Revitalash is offered through authorized retailers who charge up to 20% less than the main website.
- The product lasts for several months.
Revitalash – Drawbacks
- Revitalash is expensive at $120 to $150 per tube.
- Revitalash.com doesn’t provide an ingredient list, clinical research or result photos.
Revitalash – The Bottom Line
Although Revitalash has a great story of origin, donates to breast cancer research and has delivered results for over three years, Athena Cosmetics under-estimates many consumers if it believes no substantial product information is required to make a educated purchase decision. Luckily, their authorized retailers provide this missing information including some unbiased testimonials from which a more informed purchase can be made at a cheaper price. Although the ingredient list available online are cryptic, Revitalash may be worth it if the purse can withstand the pressure.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day