Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara?
It is the first mascara from the popular brand that gradually darkens the eyelashes. It works instantly to boost lash volume loading the lashes with a jet-black finish. It offers a partly permanent lash-tint complex for progressively blackening the eyelashes every time it is worn. From 14 days onwards of application, the lashes become visible darker. It uses an advanced multi-tasking formulation which is a blend of creamy, ultra-black lash volume boosting formulation and Lash-Tint Complex (using natural colorant) for long-term effects. There are two shades available: black and extreme black. It is being sold online for around $9.
The product is from Rimmel London which is a popular makeup brand in the United Kingdom. The brand is known for their range of mascaras which are being sold at affordable prices.
What are the ingredients in Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara?
There is limited information on the active ingredients of the mascara but it is said to contain two primary ingredients which are:
- Lash-Tint Complex – This gradually darkens the color of the eyelashes using a natural colorant. It is said to work after just 2 weeks of continuous use. There is also non-permanent tint which gradually wears off once application stops.
- Ultra-Black Lash Volumising Formula – This is for temporarily increasing eyelash volume for thicker and more beautiful lashes. No information on the actual components of this formula is provided on websites that are selling Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara.
- Shea Butter: These is for soothing, nourishing and moisturizing skin so that it will return to its natural, healthy state after treatment. It also reduces skin Inflammation.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
How to apply Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara?
Apply just like regular mascara. Start from the roots of the eyelashes carefully working your way to the tips. Make sure to be careful when applying since the formula can irritate the eyes. If it irritates the eyes, wash with water.
Benefits of Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara
- The product instantly makes lashes appear fuller and longer.
- It grabs each lash and has a good lifting effect.
- The product is affordable compared to similar formulas from other brands.
Disadvantages of Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara
- The formula can irritate the eyes especially those that are sensitive.
- Some users reported minor flaking and smudging issues.
- There is feedback complaining about how messy it can be especially when you are still learning how to apply it properly.
- Some users aren’t satisfied with its long-term effects especially in improving eyelash volume.
Final Verdict: Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara
Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara is an impressive product with many good reviews from users. It is not incredibly volumising in just one coat but you can build it up with a few coats. This is a product from a popular makeup brand that is particularly known for their mascaras. It is worth the price although there are also negative reviews from users saying it can get messy when applying. Thus, it is not for everyone. However, there is a good chance that users will like or even love this special mascara.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing Products
During our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."