Actinica Lotion Reviews: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is Actinica Lotion?
Actinica Lotion is formulated and manufactured by Galderma Spirig Ltd., the history of which goes all the way back to 1948. In 2015, the company became fully owned by Nestle Skin Health which, for a long time before that since 1981 has co-owned Galderma with L’Oreal.
As per the claims made by manufacturer, Actinica Lotion has been formulated to provide an effective, broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays. Offering far better UV protection than do most other commercial sunscreens, Actinica Lotion has been designed based on solid scientific evidence as to what ingredients work best to shield skin from the sun’s harmful radiation. Likewise, this product’s effectivity has been widely studied and validated both by in-house and independent studies.
Actinica Lotion is formulated with a unique complex of ingredients that together, make this product’s formulation behave both like a chemical and physical sunscreen would — blocking and reflecting UV, and absorbing and transforming UV radiation simultaneously.
Actinica Lotion: Does it Really work?
Actinica Lotion specially works well for people who are at a higher risk of contracting skin cancer, including:
- Those who have undergone organ transplantation.
- Those who have a weak immune system.
- Those who are regularly expsed to radiation, including those undertaking chemotherapy.
With Actinica Lotion, Galderma Spirig claims that the product is formulated and able to provide unprecedented UV radiation protection that significantly brings down the probability for high risk groups to contract skin cancer.It combines the beneficial sunscreen effects of physical and chemical UV blockers, in that, this product’s formulation simultaneously blocks and reflects, and absorbs and transforms UV rays into harmless forms like heat.
What are the Ingredients in Actinica Lotion?
Actinica Lotion is made from the following ingredients:
- UV filters: Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Ethylhexyl Triazone,Ethylexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylene bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbuylphenol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane
- Preservatives: Propyl-paraben, Methylparaben
- Ethylhexyl Triazone: Ethylhexyl Triazone is an approved UV filter , which means the ingredient can be added to sunscreen products that are designed to protect the skin from the sun but it may cause skin irritation sometimes.
- Isoamyl p-Methoxycinnamate: This ingredient can be added to sunscreen products that are designed to protect the skin from the sun.
Benefits of Actinica Lotion
- Provides a well-researched sunscreen product.
- backed by in-house and independent studies.
- Provides better sunscreen protection versus commercial counterparts but may cause skin irritation.
Disadvantages of Actinica Lotion
- The concentrations of the active ingredients are not indicated.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- It contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation.
How To Apply Actinica Lotion?
- Apply once daily with just a sufficient amount, as measured and dispensed in proper dosage by the product’s container.
Does Actinica Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
- Product contains Ethylexyl Methoxycinnamate which can cause oxidative stress and lead to cell death
- Product contains parabens which get in the way of hormones, thereby affecting regular body processes which are regulated by affected hormones.
Final Verdict: Actinica Lotion
Actinica Lotion is but one step to lessen your risk for contracting skin cancer. This solution should be combined with others, including getting much less sun exposure, wearing long sleeved shirts and broad brimmed hats that add a physical barrier between the sun and your skin. However it contains Ethylexyl Methoxycinnamate which can cause oxidative stress and lead to cell death.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."