What Is Actinica Lotion?
Actinica Lotion is formulated and manufactured by Galderma Spirig Ltd., the history of which goes back to 1948. In 2015, the company became fully owned by Nestle Skin Health which, for a long time before that since 1981 has co-owned Galderma with L’Oreal.
Actinica Lotion Pros and Cons
- Skin Type:All Skin Type
- Benefit:Provide Protection Against UVA And UVB Rays
- Ingredients:UV filters, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Isoamyl p-Methoxycinnamate
- Brand:ACTINICA galderma
- Weight:80 g
- Provides a well-researched sunscreen product.
- Backed by in-house and independent studies.
- Provides better sunscreen protection versus commercial counterparts
- The concentrations of the active ingredients are not indicated.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- It contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation.
Actinica Lotion Claim:
As per the claims made by the manufacturer, Actinica Lotion has been formulated to provide effective, broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays. Offering far better UV protection than do most other commercial sunscreens, Actinica Lotion has been designed based on solid scientific evidence as to what ingredients work best to shield skin from the sun’s harmful radiation. Likewise, this product’s effectiveness has been widely studied and validated both by in-house and independent studies.
Actinica Lotion is formulated with a unique complex of ingredients that together, make this product’s formulation behave both like a chemical and physical sunscreen would — blocking and reflecting UV, and absorbing and transforming UV radiation simultaneously.
Actinica Lotion – Does It Really Work?
Actinica Lotion especially works well for people who are at a higher risk of contracting skin cancer, including:
- Those who have undergone organ transplantation.
- Those who have a weak immune system.
- Those who are regularly exposed to radiation, including those undertaking chemotherapy.
With Actinica Lotion, Galderma Spirig claims that the product is formulated and able to provide unprecedented UV radiation protection that significantly brings down the probability for high-risk groups to contract skin cancer. It combines the beneficial sunscreen effects of physical and chemical UV blockers, in that, this product’s formulation simultaneously blocks and reflects, and absorbs and transforms UV rays into harmless forms like heat.
What Are The Ingredients In Actinica Lotion?
Actinica Lotion is made from the following ingredients:
UV filters: Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Ethylhexyl Triazone,Ethylexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylene bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbuylphenol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane.
Preservatives: Propyl-paraben, Methylparaben.
Ethylhexyl Triazone: Ethylhexyl Triazone is an approved UV filter, which means the ingredient can be added to sunscreen products that are designed to protect the skin from the sun but it may cause skin irritation sometimes.
Isoamyl p-Methoxycinnamate: This ingredient can be added to sunscreen products that are designed to protect the skin from the sun.
How To Apply Actinica Lotion?
- Apply once daily with just a sufficient amount, as measured and dispensed in proper dosage by the product’s container.
Does Actinica Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
- Product contains Ethylexyl Methoxycinnamate which can cause oxidative stress and lead to cell death
- Product contains parabens which get in the way of hormones, thereby affecting regular body processes which are regulated by affected hormones.
Que: Where To Buy Actinica Lotion?
Ans: You can buy the product from its official website and online retailers.
Que: Is Actinica Lotion waterproof?
Ans: Yes, it is waterproof and it protects from both UVB and UVA rays. It contains photostable broad-spectrum filters.
Final Verdict: Actinica Lotion
Actinica Lotion is but one step to lessen your risk of contracting skin cancer. This solution should be combined with others, including getting much less sun exposure, wearing long-sleeved shirts and broad-brimmed hats that add a physical barrier between the sun and your skin. However, it contains Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate which can cause oxidative stress and lead to cell death.