Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream Reviews- Should You Trust This Product?Advertising Disclosure ?
What is Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream?
As per the manufacturer Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream is moisturizing lotion intended to help relieve itchy, dry, and irritated skin due to eczema. It uses ceramides and natural colloidal oatmeal to provide intense moisture and soothe eczema symptoms. This Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream review will help you decide if this product is the one for you.
Table of Contents [Show]
- What Is Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream?
- Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream– Does It Really Work?
- What Are The Ingredients In Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream?
- How To Apply Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream?
- Benefits of Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream
- Disadvantages of Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream
- Does Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream Have Any Side Effects?
- Final Verdict: Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream
The experts from the brand and company claim to have harnessed the soothing effects of Active Naturals colloidal oatmeal along with rich emollients that:
- Relieve itchy and dry skin.
- Were developed and recommended by leading dermatologists.
- Soothe irritated skin.
- Intensely moisturize the skin.
- Help in strengthening the skin’s ability to act as a natural barrier.
- Aid in preventing the recurrence of dryness and eczema.
Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream- Does It Really Work?
As mentioned on its website Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream is manufactured by Aveeno, a company known for well-formulated baby care items, healing ointments, bath and wash, cleansers, and sunscreens.
Since 1945 it has boasted of using natural ingredients and being a pioneer in the field in using oatmeal in their formulations. The brand was purchased by Johnson & Johnson in 1999, expanding it to the empire it is today.
They now produce bath essentials to body lotions, body washes, shaving gels, and bar cleansers. Aveeno’s cornerstone ingredient is soy, which is said to deliver multiple beneficial effects on the skin.
However, the brand fails to research more on other natural ingredients, antioxidants, and skin-identical ingredients.
What Are The Ingredients In Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream?
The following Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream ingredients compose the cream:
- Colloidal oatmeal: This is a proven buffer, moisturizer, and cleanser known to soothe irritation and protect the skin from inflammation. It is non-comedogenic. It comes from oats, a natural ingredient that helps restore the normal skin pH and aids in maintaining the skin’s function as a moisture barrier to protect and prevent skin dryness.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil: This oil comes from the kernels of Avena Sativa or the oat plant and functions as a skin-conditioning agent and occlusive solvent.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract: Extracted from oat kernels, this is also a known skin-conditioning agent and abrasive that exfoliates the skin.
- Ceramide NP: One type of naturally occurring ceramides which are long chains of fats or lipids that are found in high concentrations within the cells that compose the outer layers of the skin. These hold the skin cells together, forming a protective layer that plumps the skin and locks moisture in.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
How to apply Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream
As suggested by the manufacturer:
Use externally and apply on problem areas affected by mild to moderate eczema as needed or as prescribed by your doctor.
Avoid getting any of the cream into the eyes. Stop using the cream and consult your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Eczema symptoms worsen
- Symptoms remain after 1 week or more
- Symptoms clear up and recur after a few days
Benefits of Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream
- It is affordable. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- Moisturizes the skin effectively.
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Repairs the skin’s surface.
Disadvantages of Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream
- Could use other types of antioxidants and other skin-repairing ingredients.
- More severe eczema cases may need a richer cream with more emollients.
- Has a sticky, thick, pasty feel that persists.
- Tested on animals
Does Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream Have Any Side-Effects?
As far as emollients are concerned, there are no known Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream side-effects. However, irritation, redness, stinging, and burning may occur. If these happen, persist, or worsen, call your pharmacist or doctor immediately.
Although rare, there are also cases of serious allergic reactions to this cream. Symptoms include rashes, severe dizziness, difficulty breathing, itching and swelling of the tongue, face, or throat.
Final Verdict: Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream
Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream is effective in moisturizing the skin with its emollient contents. However, it can also lead to severe allergic reactions that can worsen your skin’s condition. Therefore, it’s best to use it with caution or think about your allergies before buying it. Also there is no Return policy mentioned on its official website.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."