Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream Review: Should You Buy This Moisturizer ?
Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream Overview
Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream is a moisturizing lotion intended to help relieve itchy, dry, and irritated skin due to eczema. It uses ceramides and natural colloidal oatmeal to provide intense moisture and soothe eczema symptoms. This Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream review will help you decide if this product is the one for you.
About Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream- Does It Really Work?
The Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream is manufactured by Aveeno, a company known for well-formulated baby care items, healing ointments, bath and wash, cleansers, and sunscreens.
Since 1945 it has boasted of using natural ingredients and being a pioneer in the field in using oatmeal in their formulations. The brand was purchased by Johnson & Johnson in 1999, expanding it to the empire it is today.
They now produce bath essentials to body lotions, body washes, shaving gels, and bar cleansers. Aveeno’s cornerstone ingredient is soy, which is said to deliver multiple beneficial effects on the skin.
However, the brand fails to research more on other natural ingredients, antioxidants, and skin-identical ingredients.
The experts from the brand and company claim to have harnessed the soothing effects of Active Naturals colloidal oatmeal along with rich emollients that:
- Relieve itchy and dry skin
- Were developed and recommended by leading dermatologists
- Soothe irritated skin
- Intensely moisturize the skin
- Help in strengthening the skin’s ability to act as a natural barrier
- Aid in preventing the recurrence of dryness and eczema
What Are The Ingredients In Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream?
The following Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream ingredients compose the cream:
Directions To Use
Use externally and apply on problem areas affected by mild to moderate eczema as needed or as prescribed by your doctor. Avoid getting any of the cream into the eyes. Stop using the cream and consult your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Eczema symptoms worsen
- Symptoms remain after 1 week or more
- Symptoms clear up and recur after a few days
- Moisturizes the skin effectively
- Made with natural ingredients
- Helps reduce itching and irritation
- Soothes dry skin
- Repairs the skin’s surface
- Dermatologist recommended gentle enough to be used on children and babies with eczema.
- Could use other types of antioxidants and other skin-repairing ingredients
- More severe eczema cases may need a richer cream with more emollients
- Has a sticky, thick, pasty feel that persists
- Tested on animals
Does Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream Have Any Side-Effects?
As far as emollients are concerned, there are no known Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream side-effects. However, irritation, redness, stinging, and burning may occur. If these happen, persist, or worsen, call your pharmacist or doctor immediately.
Although rare, there are also cases of serious allergic reactions to this cream. Symptoms include rashes, severe dizziness, difficulty breathing, itching and swelling of the tongue, face, or throat.
Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream is effective in moisturizing the skin with its emollient contents. However, it can also lead to severe allergic reactions that can worsen your skin’s condition. Therefore, it’s best to use it with caution or think about your allergies before buying it.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: