Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream Review: Does it work?
Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream is unique in that it can be used by adults and children. It provides moisture and promotes an optimal skin-healing environment. The cream is manufactured by Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmetique USA. The cream is sold in containers of 1.35 flounces (40ml) at a cost of $28. Customers can return unopened products within 30 days for a refund, and returns processed between 30-60 days of order are offered store credit.
- Caprylic Triglyceride: Combination of glycerin and coconut oil. Can repair skin, used as an emollient. Contains anti-inflammatory properties, but may also clog pores.
- Mineral Oil: Provides moisture.
- Zinc Oxide: Mineral-based sunscreen and forms a barrier to protect skin from UV rays and sits on top of the skin.
- Propylene Glycol: Preserve used to help products stay moist, resist humidity, and stay effective over time. Conditions skin, helps decrease product viscosity, and can be used as a solvent.
- Copper Sulfate: Can be used to treat skin and eye diseases. May have anti-aging benefits.
- Magnesium Stearate: Lubricates materials in products to prevent them from sticking to processing equipment. Increases productivity levels of skin care product manufacturing.
Clean skin. Use twice daily in the morning and evening. Store at room temperature. Do not freeze or expose to excess heat or sunlight.
- The manufacturer of Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream is dedicated to providing skin care options for people with sensitive skin.
- Auto-refill subscriptions are available that could allow customers to get a discount and free shipping when purchasing form the manufacturer’s site.
- The manufacturer provides a web section for physicians.
- Despite the product’s name, oatmeal is not a principal ingredient in the product’s formula.
- There are no links to the data cited in the manufacturer’s website.
- Many of the ingredients used in the product are synthetic.
- The amounts of ingredients aren’t provided.
Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream is manufactured by a company that focuses on consumers with sensitive skin. The manufacturer even provides a special section for physicians, which indicates that they take skin healing seriously. However, one of its ingredients is Propylene Glycol which can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions. At the same time the said ingredient is potentially toxic to the kidneys and liver. Although the manufacturer even cites pertinent data that explains how many people saw a difference in their skin due to continuous usage of this cream. Still, the data cited by the manufacturer isn’t available to the public to allow them to make an informed decision. Potential consumers may prefer using a brand that can give them this information.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."