Advertising Disclosure ?
As the owner/sponsor of this website, we have the full intention to be compliant with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules about the use of testimonials, endorsements, and overall content in advertising and marketing. Accordingly, we want you as a visitor to understand the instances we get paid to sell all products or services on this site.
The content that appears on this page is presented as a nominative use product overview. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If you feel that any of our content is inaccurate, out-of-date, or otherwise questionable, please leave a comment or contact us. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content. With strict editorial sourcing guidelines, we only link to academic research institutions, reputable media sites and, when research is available, medically peer-reviewed studies. We are dedicated to providing the most scientifically valid, unbiased, and comprehensive information on any given topic. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
The table below identified "Our Top Products" does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as the owner of and/or resellers of all products listed within it. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are sales links, and we receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase through our website. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of product sponsor associations.
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream is unique in that it can be used by adults and children. It provides moisture and promotes an optimal skin-healing environment. The cream is manufactured by Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmetique USA.
The cream is sold in containers of 1.35 flounces (40ml) at a cost of $28. Customers can return unopened products within 30 days for a refund, and returns processed between 30-60 days of order are offered store credit.
- Caprylic Triglyceride: Combination of glycerin and coconut oil. Can repair skin, used as an emollient. Contains anti-inflammatory properties, but may also clog pores.
- Mineral Oil: Provides moisture.
- Zinc Oxide: Mineral-based sunscreen and forms a barrier to protect skin from UV rays and sits on top of the skin.
- Propylene Glycol: Preserve used to help products stay moist, resist humidity, and stay effective over time. Conditions skin, helps decrease product viscosity, and can be used as a solvent.
- Copper Sulfate: Can be used to treat skin and eye diseases. May have anti-aging benefits.
- Magnesium Stearate: Lubricates materials in products to prevent them from sticking to processing equipment. Increases productivity levels of skin care product manufacturing.
Clean skin. Use twice daily in the morning and evening. Store at room temperature. Do not freeze or expose to excess heat or sunlight.
- The manufacturer of Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream is dedicated to providing skin care options for people with sensitive skin.
- Auto-refill subscriptions are available that could allow customers to get a discount and free shipping when purchasing form the manufacturer’s site.
- The manufacturer provides a web section for physicians.
- Despite the product’s name, oatmeal is not a principal ingredient in the product’s formula.
- There are no links to the data cited in the manufacturer’s website.
- Many of the ingredients used in the product are synthetic.
- The amounts of ingredients aren’t provided.
Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream is manufactured by a company that focuses on consumers with sensitive skin. The manufacturer even provides a special section for physicians, which indicates that they take skin healing seriously. However, one of its ingredients is Propylene Glycol which can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions.
At the same time, the said ingredient is potentially toxic to the kidneys and liver. Although the manufacturer even cites pertinent data that explains how many people saw a difference in their skin due to continuous usage of this cream.
Still, the data cited by the manufacturer isn’t available to the public to allow them to make an informed decision. Potential consumers may prefer using a brand that can give them this information.
Facial moisturizing products are in no short supply today, and this large selection might make the process of choosing the best moisturizer for your personal needs to seem a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, we've taken the time to research each of the top facial moisturizers on how they rate in several different key categories. More specifically, we believe that every quality moisturizer should provide the basic benefit of improving overall facial skin appearance, including both skin tone and skin texture. Additionally, a quality moisturizer should contain compounds that are capable of binding to collagen fibres in order to provide the most long term results. Finally, facial moisturizers should ideally be able to deeply cleanse skin at the same time that they moisturize it. Below is a summary of our findings regarding the top facial moisturizers and these key considerations.
Below you'll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: