Avon Anew Clinical Line Eraser with Retinol Review: Should You Buy This anti-aging cream?
What is Avon Line Eraser Retinol?
Avon Anew Clinical Line Eraser with Retinol, US $40 for A 1.0 oz. opaque bottle, is a retinol treatment anti-aging cream solution formulated to give you anti-aging benefits which, Avon claims, performs wrinkle-fighting functions that are up two times faster and more effective than another anti-wrinkle treatment often prescribed by dermatologists.
Avon Line Eraser Retinol — Does It Really Work?
As mentioned on its website this product is brought to you by “the company by women for women,” Avon. The direct selling company takes pride in its 130-year history of providing opportunities for women to build their personal brand of beauty and confidence while also promoting their economic welfare by providing opportunities for women to earn and grow financially.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Up to two times faster and more powerful anti-aging delivery compared to another leading brand of anti-wrinkle product.
- Improve the frequency of skin turnovers.
- Enhance the quality of regenerated skin, making it more flawless but also strengthening it to make it more resilient to factors that age and damage your skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Avon Line Eraser Retinol ?
- Retinol: A Vitamin A derivative that causes less intense skin sensitivities as compared to tretinoin or Vitamin A. However it may cause dryness and irritation.
- Algae Extract: Enhances your skin’s moisture content, supporting your skin with improved ability to capture and lock in higher volumes of moisture.
- Yeast Extract: Gives skin a moisture surge while also promoting a brighter overall skin complexion.
- Glucosamine HCL: Improves skin elasticity, making your skin appear tighter and better contoured.
How to apply Avon Line Eraser Retinol
As suggested by the manufacturer
- Avon Line Eraser Retinol is recommended for morning and evening application.
- However, due to its retinol content, it is best to use only at night.
- Retinol easily breaks down when exposed to heat and sunlight.
- Make sure to wear sunscreen in the morning to counter the increased photosensitivity caused by retinol use.
Benefits of Avon Line Eraser Retinol
- Avon Line Eraser Retinol also comes in a targeted eraser variety that contains a higher concentration of retinol recommended for use as a spot corrector to correct severely hyper pigmented skin.
- This product has a sheer, lightweight consistency that allows for immediate skin absorption and subsequent assimilation into various cellular level processes that facilitate skin repair and renewal.
Disadvantages of Avon Line Eraser Retinol
- This product contains silicones which can cause clogged pores and, therefore, this product may not be suitable for use on all skin types, most especially for acne-prone skin.
- Avon Line Eraser Retinol reviews indicate that several users claim this product does not deliver visible improvements to deep-seated wrinkles.
Does Avon Line Eraser Retinol Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Avon Anew Clinical Line Eraser with Retinol:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to retinol, butylene glycol and silicones.
- Increased photosensitivity due to retinol content.
- Increased risk for hormonal imbalances and associated diseases and dysfunctions due to BHT.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to imidazolidinyl urea and PEGs.
- Increased risk for developing diseases associated with the reproductive organs due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
Final Verdict: Avon Anew Clinical Line Eraser with Retinol
Avon Line Eraser Retinol will give you that silky smooth feel on product contact which will be largely due to silicones. As for smoothening out deep-seated wrinkles, however, there does not seem to be sufficient components in the formula that can make it happen. There is no Return policy mentioned on its official website.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.