Biossance Peptide Eye Gel Review: Is It Really Effective?
Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel Introduction
Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel is an eye serum that works to reduce fine lines, dark circle, and puffiness around the eyes. This product is sold for $54 on the manufacturer’s site, and it is also available through major retailers like Sephora.
What Does Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel Claim?
The manufacturer claims that this product actually helps your skin circulate better and improve lymphatic drainage to brighten up the eyes.
Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel Manufacturer’s Detail
The manufacturer, Biossance, is a California-based company founded in 2003. They use plant-based squalane in all of their skincare products. They are an environmentally conscious brand that is cruelty free and uses sustainable techniques when obtaining ingredients.
Working of Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel
Biossance’s eye gel uses squalane to lock in moisture to plump and firm skin, argireline to improve circulation and reduce darkness and puffiness, and apple stem cells to brighten the under eye area.
Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel Ingredients
Please note that the list below contains only the key ingredients. The full ingredient list is easily accessible on the manufacturer’s site.
- 100% Plant-derived Squalane: A natural hydrocarbon that locks moisture into the skin to make it firm and supple
- Eyeseryl: Tetrapeptide that improves circulation to reduce dark circles and puffiness
- Argireline: A patented ingredient that reduces dark circles and puffy under-eyes
- Swiss Apple Stem Cell Extract: Natural extract from a rare apple that rejuvenates skin and makes it brighter
Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel Pros
- Firm and smooth eyelids
- Reduce puffiness, dark circles, and wrinkles
- Clinical study results provided that back the company’s claims
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel Cons
- The bottle is only 0.05 oz., which is small for the price
- Some customers have complained of skin peeling as a result of use
- There are no test results given regarding wrinkle reduction results
Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel Side Effects
The manufacturer does not list any side effects for this product, but there are a number of reviews saying this product dried out their skin and/or made it peel.
Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel should be dabbed around the eyes using your fingertip. Use twice a day all around the eye. You can apply makeup over this product.
- “Loved this initially, but after a month of use I noticed the skin under my eyes was flaking/peeling where I have light wrinkles. I hoped at first it was a good thing (a purge if you will on the way to better skin) but the flaking didn’t get better after 2 more weeks of use. I switched to a different eye cream to see if that made a difference and the flaking cleared up. Switched back to give it one more chance and the flaking appeared again after about a week. Obviously this is an HG product for some people, unfortunately something in this does not agree with my skin.”
- “Only product I have ever used that actually reduced dark circles under my eyes. A major win! I’d say about an 85%-90% improvement, overall. So pleased! Their other products are great too.”
The ingredients in this formula are very strong, and as a result, unfortunately they can be very harsh. Many reviewers have complained of dryness and flaking around the eyes after using this product as recommended. One customer even complained of losing eyelashes after using this product. If you have sensitive or dry skin, this product could create unpleasant side effects.
The company does provide a 30-day money-back guarantee, but the site states that you must call customer service first and get your return request approved, and it is unclear exactly what requirements you have to meet to qualify for a refund.
There are many anti-aging eye gels on the market, so consider your options before purchasing.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.