What Is Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen?
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive, US $ 14.99 for 3 oz., offers daily sun protection for all skin types, including for sensitive skin. This product is a cut above most regular, highly commercialized sunscreen products for the following reasons:
- This product only contains physical sunscreen actives, Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, which are well-known to capably provide skin with effective broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection without the toxicity concerns raised against chemical sunscreen actives.
- This product is infused with powerful antioxidants to provide skin added protection from UV and free radicals. Moreover, antioxidants help keep skin health and vitality.
The other fascinating detail about this product is that is packaged in a smart bottle that is able to detect UV and indicate its intensity by turning blue. The darker the shade of blue, the more intense the UV is. Now, you won’t ever forget to apply and reapply your sunscreen. Hang it with a chain on your bag to see when it turns blue.
What are the Ingredients in Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen?
- Zinc Oxide (10%), Titanium Oxide (5%): Physical sunscreen actives that protect skin from UV without damaging your skin nor endangering your overall health. However photo-aging should be in consideration!
- Tocopheryl Acteate: Stable derivative of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant and moisturizer that helps rejuvenate skin and protect it from damage, including UV
- Beeswax, Caprylyl Glycol: Along with other moisturizers and skin conditioners, keep skin well-hydrated
How To Apply Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen
- Use Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive every morning.
- Apply liberally on your face and body at least 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapply throughout the day.
- Use this product with other recommended ways to protect skin from UV, including sunglasses, broad brimmed hats, clothing pieces with tightly knit fibers, and staying in the shade in midday.
Benefits Of Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen
- Earned a Rating of 1 from the Environmental Working Group, a private organization of scientists working for consumers’ welfare; this means that this product has very low potential for causing any hazard.
- Uses physical sunscreen actives only which is safer and non-toxic
Disadvantages of Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen
- Leaves a white streak which makes it unsuitable for use under makeup
- Some varieties may contain phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin, and polyethylene glycol (PEG) , a toxin which may become contaminated with 1, 4 dioxane, a carcinogen.
Final Verdict: Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen
Sunscreens were invented for all the right reasons: protection from UV, and not just for the sake of vanity but also, more importantly for our health. As the years went by, however, it turns out many sunscreens are more dangerous than they are helpful.
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive is made with physical sunscreen actives but, that does not guarantee it does not have any drawbacks. At the end of the day, you decide what product meets your personal specifications.