Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Review: Is It Good For Your Skin?
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Description
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive, US $ 14.99 for 3 oz., offers daily sun protection for all skin types, including for sensitive skin. This product is a cut above most regular, highly commercialized sunscreen products for the following reasons:
- This product only contains physical sunscreen actives, Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, which are well-known to capably provide skin with effective broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection without the toxicity concerns raised against chemical sunscreen actives.
- This product is infused with powerful antioxidants to provide skin added protection from UV and free radicals. Moreover, antioxidants help keep skin health and vitality.
The other fascinating detail about this product is that is packaged in a smart bottle that is able to detect UV and indicate its intensity by turning blue. The darker the shade of blue, the more intense the UV is. Now, you won’t ever forget to apply and reapply your sunscreen. Hang it with a chain on your bag to see when it turns blue.
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Ingredients
- Zinc Oxide (10%), Titanium Oxide (5%): Physical sunscreen actives that protect skin from UV without damaging your skin nor endangering your overall health
- Tocopheryl Acteate: Stable derivative of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant and moisturizer that helps rejuvenate skin and protect it from damage, including UV
- Beeswax, Caprylyl Glycol: Along with other moisturizers and skin conditioners, keep skin well-hydrated
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Direction
Use Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive every morning. Apply liberally on your face and body at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply throughout the day.
Use this product with other recommended ways to protect skin from UV, including sunglasses, broad brimmed hats, clothing pieces with tightly knit fibers, and staying in the shade in midday.
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Advantages
- Earned a Rating of 1 from the Environmental Working Group, a private organization of scientists working for consumers’ welfare; this means that this product has very low potential for causing any hazard.
- Uses physical sunscreen actives only which is safer and non-toxic
- Provides broad spectrumUVA/UVB protection
- Has SPF 30+
- Free from fragrance and parabens
- Product is safe for use on hypersensitive skin types
- Folds in antioxidants for added UV protection
- Contains moisturizers, led by Vitamin E and beeswax to keep from drying out skin
- Graded to be very low risk for the occurrence of irritation
- Product is bottled in a container that turns blue when UV is detected; the darker the shade, the higher the intensity of UV
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Disadvantages
- Leaves a white streak which makes it unsuitable for use under makeup
- Some varieties may contain phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin, and polyethylene glycol (PEG) , a toxin which may become contaminated with 1, 4 dioxane, a carcinogen.
Sunscreens were invented for all the right reasons: protection from UV, and not just for the sake of vanity but also, more importantly for our health. As the years went by, however, it turns out many sunscreens are more dangerous than they are helpful. Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive is made with physical sunscreen actives but, that does not guarantee it does not have any drawbacks. At the end of the day, you decide what product meets your personal specifications.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: