What Is C&E Strength Max?
This product is brought to you by PCA Skin, the beauty brand that claims to have revolutionized the concept of chemical peeling packaged as an at-home treatment. The skincare label first gained public recognition and following as a result of its highly acclaimed acid-infused product that delivers a gentle exfoliation every time. PCA Skin was founded in 1990. Presently, PCA Skin competes in several beauty categories, including moisturizers, toners, and sunscreens. However, most of the formulas from this brand are unproven and there are reports that many of them are actually ineffective.
PCA C&E Strength Max tube is an antioxidant serum that has been specially formulated to help address photo-aged and photo-damaged skin.
C&E Strength Max Pros and Cons
- Skin Type:Combination, Dry, Normal, Oily,
- Benefit:Maximum Concentrations Of Vitamins C and E Minimize Wrinkles, And Even Skin Tone In As Little As One Week.
- Ingredients:Bisabolol, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract
- Brand:PCA SKIN
- Weight:1 oz (28 g)
- C&E Strength Max contains Vitamin E and Vitamin C at their maximum levels, and is intended for use only by people who can tolerate such very high levels of Vitamins C and E on their skin.
- This product delivers multiple benefits that help correct damage as well as prevent visible signs of skin aging from showing up too soon.
- Uses ingredients that boost collagen and elastin production however, there is no clinical data for it.
- This product is on the more expensive end of the spectrum as compared to other much more inexpensive antioxidant serums.
- Not all people can tolerate Vitamin C and Vitamin E at their maximum strength which may make this product potentially reactive towards other skin types.
- C&E Strength Max reviews indicate that this formula can be severely irritating on some people.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
C&E Strength Max – Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant levels to help rescue sun-damaged and photo-aged skin.
- Defend your skin from further damage by neutralizing free radical attacks which can damage your skin down to the cellular level.
- Restore and strengthen your skin’s protective barrier to give your skin enhanced protection from UV, fatigue, and other environmental stressors.
- Revive and revitalize your skin’s optimal energy levels to bring you a more energized and brighter overall complexion.
- Improve your skin’s structure, tone, and texture, to give you generally blemish-free and younger-looking skin.
What Are The Ingredients In C&E Strength Max?
Ascorbic Acid: Also Vitamin C, boosts your skin’s antioxidant levels, revives the optimal energy of your skin cells, and promotes enhancements in various skin regeneration and renewal mechanisms. However, this ingredient may cause redness and a warm feeling of the skin.
Tocopherol: Also Vitamin E, is also a powerful antioxidant that boosts the beneficial effects of Vitamin C as it also improves the quality and strength of your skin’s natural barrier.
Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract: It boosts your skin’s antioxidant levels.
Retinyl Palmitate: A stable Vitamin A derivative, it helps enhance collagen production rates and volumes, as it facilitates faster skin exfoliation and turnover.
Bisabolol: It has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve skin irritations which, in turn, promotes a more even skin tone.
How To Apply C&E Strength Max?
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Apply C&E Strength Max as part of your evening skin care regimen only since Vitamin A and its derivatives readily breakdown when exposed to heat and sunlight, and is therefore not advisable for application in the morning.
- Use this product only on freshly cleansed and toned skin.
- Apply a pea-sized amount to the face and neck in the morning after cleansing, toning and applying any PCA SKIN treatment serums.
- You might experience a slight tingling sensation upon application.
- Follow with the appropriate PCA SKIN broad spectrum SPF product in the daytime and moisturizer in the evening.
Does C&E Strength Max Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using PCA C&E Strength Max:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including silicones, retinyl palmitate, and orange oil.
- Increased risk for sun damage due to increased photosensitivity as a result of retinyl palmitate, a Vitamin A derivative which can thin out your skin.
- Increased risk for developing clogged pores, acne and breakouts due to product silicones.
Que: How to use PCA C&E Strength Max?
Ans: Apply once a day in the morning.
Que: Where can I buy this product?
Ans: Visit the company’s website or online stores and place your order.
Final Verdict: PCA C&E Strength Max
C&E Strength Max is not a formula intended for everybody. Make sure to test before you use it. If you know you have sensitive or reactive skin, this product will most likely not work for your skin.
The Beauty Insiders takes every opportunity to use high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. Read our editorial guidelines to learn more about how we keep our content accurate, reliable, and trustworthy. Al-Niaimi F, Chiang NYZ. Topical Vitamin C and the Skin: Mechanisms of Action and Clinical Applications. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2017;10(7):14-17.
 Keen MA, Hassan I. Vitamin E in dermatology. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2016;7(4):311-315. doi:10.4103/2229-5178.185494
 Draelos ZD, Diaz I, Cohen A, Mao J, Boyd T. A novel skin brightening topical technology. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2020;19(12):3280-3285. doi:10.1111/jocd.13741
 Mukherjee S, Date A, Patravale V, Korting HC, Roeder A, Weindl G. Retinoids in the treatment of skin aging: an overview of clinical efficacy and safety. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(4):327-348. doi:10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.327
 Maurya AK, Singh M, Dubey V, Srivastava S, Luqman S, Bawankule DU. α-(-)-bisabolol reduces pro-inflammatory cytokine production and ameliorates skin inflammation. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2014;15(2):173-81. doi: 10.2174/1389201015666140528152946. PMID: 24894548.