PCA C&E Strength Max Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
C&E Strength Max Overview:
PCA C&E Strength Max, US $99 for a 1.0 oz. tube, is an antioxidant serum that has been specially formulated to help address photo-aged and photo-damaged skin.
About C&E Strength Max — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by PCA Skin, the beauty brand that claims to have revolutionized the concept of chemical peeling packaged as an at-home treatment. The skin care label first gained public recognition and following as a result of its highly acclaimed acid-infused product that deliver a gentle exfoliation every time. PCA Skin was founded in 1990. Presently, PCA Skin competes in several beauty categories, including moisturizers, toners and sunscreens.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant levels to help rescue sun damaged and photo-aged skin.
- Defend your skin from further damage by neutralizing free radical attacks which can damage your skin down to the cellular level.
- Restore and strengthen your skin’s protective barrier to give your skin enhanced protection from UV, fatigue, and other environmental stressors
- Revive and revitalize your skin’s optimal energy levels to bring you a more energized and brighter overall complexion.
- Improve your skin’s structure, tone, and texture, to give you a generally blemish-free and younger-looking skin.
What Are The Ingredients In C&E Strength Max?
- Ascorbic Acid: Also Vitamin C, it boosts your skin’s antioxidant levels, revives the optimal energy of your skin cells, and promote enhancements in various skin regeneration and renewal mechanisms.
- Tocopherol: Also Vitamin E, it is also powerful antioxidant which boosts the beneficial effects of Vitamin C as it also improves the quality and strength of your skin’s natural barrier.
- Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract: It boosts your skin’s antioxidant levels.
- Retinyl Palmitate: A stable Vitamin A derivative, it helps enhance collagen production rates and volumes, as it facilitates faster skin exfoliation and turnover.
- Bisabolol: It has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve skin irritations which, in turn, promotes a more even skin tone.
Directions To Use:
Apply C&E Strength Max as part of your evening skin care regimen only since Vitamin A and its derivatives readily breakdown when exposed to heat and sunlight, and is therefore not advisable for application in the morning. Use this product only on freshly cleansed and toned skin.
- C&E Strength Max contains Vitamin E and Vitamin C at their maximum levels, and is intended for use only by people who can tolerate such very high levels of Vitamins C and E on their skin.
- This product delivers multiple benefits that help correct damage as well as prevent visible signs of skin aging from showing up too soon.
- This product is on the more expensive end of the spectrum as compared to other much more inexpensive antioxidant serums.
- Not all people can tolerate Vitamin C and Vitamin E at their maximum strength which may make this product potentially reactive towards other skin types.
- C&E Strength Max reviews indicate that this formula can be severely irritating on some people.
Does C&E Strength Max Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using PCA C&E Strength Max:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including silicones, retinyl palmitate, and orange oil.
- Increased risk for sun damage due to increased photosensitivity as a result of retinyl palmitate, a Vitamin A derivative which can thin out your skin.
- Increased risk for developing clogged pores, acne and breakouts due to product silicones.
C&E Strength Max Customer Reviews:
C&E Strength Max reviews read:
- “This formula caused my skin to break out in a bright red rash especially on my cheeks. I was using C&E Strength 15%C 5%E. It was wonderful. Now it is no longer available and I am left with no suitable choice to replace it.” — User Review on DermStore
- “I was recommended PCA Skin C & E cream by my dermatologist to deal with acne breakouts due to pre-menopause. Well it has drastically changed my skin for the better, I am no longer breaking out and my skin texture is beautiful. It is an amazing product.” — User Review on LovelySkin
C&E Strength Max is not a formula intended for everybody. Make sure to test before you use. If you know you have sensitive or reactive skin, this product will most likely not work for your skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Serums formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.