What is Cellfina?
Cellfina pertains to a medical aesthetic procedure that promises to get rid of cellulite dimples in just one appointment. It is intended to deliver noticeable, long-lasting improvements in the appearance of cellulites in the butt and thigh areas.
Marketed mostly to adult women, this procedure is available only through licensed physicians.
How does Cellfina work?
Cellfina works by targeting the structural cause of cellulites – the fibrous connective tissue cords woven throughout the fats and tether the skin to the underlying muscle.
These cords pull the skin down, thus creating the “dimpled” appearance of cellulites.
As fat accumulates and pushes up the skin, the deeper the tethered skin is pulled down. Cellfina basically “cuts” these cords down, thus releasing the skin. The skin then bounces back and smoothes itself out.
A clinical study was done to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of Cellfina. It focused on the treatment of butt and thighs of adult females aged 25 to 55.
The participants have moderate to severe cellulites. Aside from the butt and thighs, no other anatomical areas were studied.
What are the advantages of using Cellfina?
- Its claims of safety and efficacy is backed by clinical data.
- It may show improvements in as early as three days, once the swelling and tenderness are gone.
- It presents before and after pictures as proof.
- It is said that treatment benefits could last up to 3 years.
What are the disadvantages of using Cellfina?
- Its safety and effectiveness in areas other than the butt and thighs have not been established.
- It is designed as a one-time treatment only; the safety and effectiveness of more than one treatment has not been established.
Is it worth trying Cellfina?
Cellfina is a well-studied, minimally-invasive way to get rid of unsightly cellulites in the butt and thighs. In terms of safety, effectiveness, and probably cost, there’s no reason why you should not consider it especially if you’re thinking about going under the knife for your cellulites. Furthermore, the results can last up to 3 years which is a major plus.
Q: How much is Cellfina?
A: Treatment with Cellfina is personalized. There is no exact price or price range for it. To secure an accurate quote, it is best to consult an affiliated provider.
Q: Who should use Cellfina?
A: Cellfina is recommended for anyone who wishes to get rid of their cellulites, particularly in the butt and thigh areas. To know if this procedure is suitable for you, try the self-evaluation tool found in the official website.
The procedure is contraindicated for anyone who suffer from (or had a history of):
- Bleeding disorders and/or taking anticoagulants
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Phlebitis (inflammation of the vein), vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels), vascular fragility, or varicose veins in the area of treatment)
- Skin infections and/or open wounds
- Excessive obesity
- Recent surgery (6 weeks ago or less)
There is no absolute contraindication for pregnant and nursing women, but they are advised against undergoing their procedure as much as possible. Consult your specialist for some advice.
Q: Are there any side effects of Cellfina?
A: The most common adverse side effects associated with Cellfina are redness, bruising, soreness, and tenderness. Other side effects are those typically associated with other body sculpting procedures. These include (but not limited to):
- Abscess – accumulation of pus under the skin.
- Anetoderma – a benign skin condition characterized by the loss of elastic tissue, resulting in areas of flaccid, sac-like skin.
- Fluid accumulation
- Fluid extravasation reaction from the injection of local anesthetic
- Hematoma – accumulation of clotted blood within the tissues
- Hemosiderosis – pertains to excessive accumulation of iron in the tissues
- Hyper- or hypopigmentation
- Induration/hardening or fibrosis
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Scarring or keloid formation
- Skin necrosis/tissue death
- Toxicity or allergic reactions to the chemicals used
Take note that none of these adverse effects were observed during the clinical study for Cellfina.
Q: How should you use/apply Cellfina?
A: Cellfina is a procedure done only by licensed physicians. To find a provider near you, click here.
Q: How long does the procedure take?
A: Cellfina is supposedly a 45-minute treatment. Again, this could still vary depending on the severity and extent of your problem area/s.
Q: How long is the recovery time?
Treatment with Cellfina requires no downtime. Once the initial swelling and tenderness have gone down, you may proceed with your regular daily activities.
Q: Does Cellfina have a satisfaction guarantee?
A: A single Cellfina procedure is said to produce results that you can count on. Thus, its inventors are offering a yearlong assurance guarantee for the procedure. If any of the treated cellulites doesn’t produce significant improvements after treatment, the company will set you up with a doctor who will redo the procedure – at no cost.
Cellfina is said to be the only FDA-cleared treatment for pesky cellulites on the butt and thighs. It improves the appearance of cellulites fast and the improvements are long-lasting.
It is a straightforward solution that combines a time-tested approach with innovative technology to provide precise results.
It is safe, effective, and has a satisfaction guarantee so – apart from your cellulites – you basically have nothing to lose. We think it’s worth a shot.