Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream?
Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream is an eye cream which provides to have quick results that you can see (with a mirror, of course) – in as little as three seconds, Clinique claims. The product supports healthy appearance through a combination of a unique applicator and the inclusion of peptide compounds. It is sold in tubes of 0.5 fluid ounces each, and while the price may vary in some outlets, we were able to locate it for $26.50 per tube. There was no evidence of a bulk discount, and presumably return policies would depend on the retailer where you purchased it.
What Are The Ingredients In Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
We could not find a full list of the ingredients included in this product on Clinique’s website or at third-party retailers, unfortunately. However, they do mention peptides, which are commonly included in order to provide direct nourishment to connective tissues in skin. It is also claimed to be ophthalmologist-approved and to be safe to use even over an already made-up face.
How To Apply Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
As, per the guidelines suggested by the manufacturer of the product, squeeze a small amount of the product into the applicator tip and swipe a small amount onto your closed eye, including the lid, smoothing any excess into your skin until it’s fully absorbed.
The makers encourage you to use it at least twice a day, morning and night, but say that you can also apply it whenever you feel it would help your appearance.
Benefits of Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
- The product targets the skin under the eyes, which is more delicate than that of other parts of the face.
- The entire product is in a small and easily-carried tube with a special applicator tip.
Disadvantages of Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
- The formula for this product isn’t shared. While protecting proprietary blends is understandable, this extends to the point of only sharing that it contains “peptides” in some form, making it hard to be sure it will be safe for people with skin allergies.
- No clinical trials or independent studies are cited that address the product’s effectiveness.
- The price is rather high for the amount of material that you actually purchase.
Final Verdict: Clinique Pep-Start Eye Serum
Clinique Pep-Start Eye Serum is a targeted eye cream that’s claimed to be able to work even through your daily makeup. Clinique, its makers, are reputable and well established, and the product is available in many places, suggesting that you will get what you pay for – but the lack of information on its ingredients, clinical research backing its claims, and its relatively high price are all obstacles to the canny customer.
Be sure to shop around thoroughly and find the eye cream product that fits your needs and budgets best!
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.