Dermasoft Review: Does It Work?
DermasoftSorbolene Cream is a skincare formulation for moisturizing dry, scaly or cracked skin. It uses 10% glycerine for its moisture retention properties. It claims to be a special formulation recommended by specialists for people with dry and sensitive skin. The formulation also contains mineral oil plus a mild anti-pruritic that soothes inflammation and reduces itching. The product uses a neutral pH range (pH 5.5 to 6.0) in order to help in preserving the natural and protective acid mantle of the skin. It is free of fragrance, lanolin and coloring in order to prevent adverse reactions. A container with 100g is priced $8.45 while a container with 375g is priced $12.50 but very few online retailers are currently selling it.
The product is from a company called Brookfield Healthcare which is based in New Zealand. The company is not very well known but they offer a range of skincare formulations at very affordable prices.
- 10% Glycerin – This key ingredient is commonly used in skincare formulations for its moisturizing and cleansing properties. It has a slight soothing effect on the skin which can help appease irritation. It enhances the skin’s suppleness and smoothness.
- Mineral Oil – It is a heavy moisturizer that can help prevent dryness of the skin. This ingredient is suitable for dry, scaly skin but it is known to clog skin pores which can cause skin issues such as acne.
- Aloe Vera – This ingredient is a natural anti-inflammatory agent that has powerful soothing properties on the skin. It is one of the most popular key ingredients in skincare products because it offers many benefits.
- Vitamin E – It is a popular antioxidant that also offers skin conditioning benefits. It helps protect skin cells from free radicals which helps slow down skin aging. Some studies indicate that it promotes skin rejuvenation and repair.
Apply DermasoftSorbolene Cream on areas of the skin that are dry. Use twice daily (morning and evening) to smoothen the skin. If it causes skin irritation, wash with water and discontinue use.
- It contains glycerin which is a good moisturizing agent
- The product is very affordable
- There is good feedback from users
- DermasoftSorbolene Cream is only a moisturizing formulation
- It contains mineral oil which is known to clog pores and promote acne
- The product is not from an established skincare company
- Some reviews from users are negative due to adverse effects such as skin irritation
DermasoftSorbolene Cream is just an average skin moisturizer. It contains a good moisturizing ingredient that can help make the skin smoother and softer. The main problem is the presence of mineral oil in the formulation which is known to promote breakouts. It is very affordable, this is the only reason it is worth purchasing. Another problem is that very few retailers are currently selling it online.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.