EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is EltaMD Moisturizer?
EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer is manufactured by the company EltaMD. EltaMD is known for its sun care, wound healing, and skin care products aiming to provide great skin. It is trusted by dermatologists and physicians for over 25 years. However, most of the formulas from this brand are unproven and there are reports that many of them are actually ineffective.
As per manufacturer claims EltaMD Moisturizer is an oil-free, peptide- and ceramide-enhanced facial
moisturizer recommended to improve the skin’s appearance while resting. It has a better than ever formula with niacinamide and antioxidants to give your skin a smoother, fresher, and younger-looking appearance.
Check out this EltaMD Moisturizer review to help you decide if this moisturizer will be suitable for you!
EltaMD Moisturizer – Does It Really Work?
The company claims that the EltaMD Moisturizer:
- Is safe for all skin types including sensitive skin.
- Restores and repairs the skin by keeping it hydrated and moisturized.
- Helps provide a better skin tone and color for a younger and fresher-looking skin.
- Has ingredients that improve the skin’s natural moisture barrier and can give clear skin.
- Works overnight to improve the skin’s repair and healing process.
- Promotes cell growth and collagen production, an effective way to fight damage and early signs of skin aging.
- Oxygenates, revitalizes, and nurtures the skin to reduce wrinkles and improve the skin tone and texture.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- Is non-comedogenic, oil-free, paraben-free and fragrance-free.
What Are The Ingredients In EltaMD Moisturizer?
The following key EltaMD Moisturizer ingredients are claimed to be what makes it very effective as a skin care treatment:
- Hydrolyzed rice protein: These tiny rice peptides penetrate the skin layers to stimulate collagen formation and collagen production to improve skin elasticity and vitality while also accelerating tissue repair.
- Niacinamide or Vitamin B3: This formula component elicits anti-inflammatory properties and heals and improves dry and damaged skin.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and anti-aging substance that helps combat and neutralize free radicals. These free radicals are formed due to exposure to the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays and are the leading cause of premature aging signs. However it causes skin rashes.
- Hyaluronic Acid: This is a humectant which means it absorbs moisture from the air and locks it into the skin. It also helps ease dryness and flaking by helping your skin retain moisture. However if you are allergic to hyaluronic acid, your face and throat areas will become swollen after exposure to this ingredient.
- Thioctic acid: Another antioxidant, this reinforces the product’s ability to fight free radicals and reduce free radical damage to slow down the natural skin aging process.
How To Apply EltaMD Moisturizer
To use the EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer as per manufacturer guidelines:
- Apply an ample amount to a cleansed face using your fingertips.
- Gently massage the product into the skin by doing small circular motions for a few minutes until all of the moisturizer is absorbed.
- Avoid rubbing too hard or tugging and pulling the skin.
- For best results, use it every night.
Benefits Of EltaMD Moisturizer
- Comes from a well-known and reputable brand and company with a fully functional, informative official website.
- Safe for use on all skin types, even for sensitive, acne-prone skin but few ingredients may cause skin irritation.
- Gives smoother, firmer, and more glowing skin after just a few uses.
Disadvantages Of EltaMD Moisturizer
- There is no money back guarantee or clear return policy.
- A bit on the expensive side.
- Some users find the moisturizing effect inadequate for their dry skin.
- Although the product is claimed to help against wrinkles, almost no review states this effect.
- The formula tends to clump up, form balls, and roll off during application or when you attempt to apply other products to it.
- Some consumers prefer a wider range of stronger antioxidants.
Does EltaMD Moisturizer Have Any Side-Effects?
As of now, there are no known or clinically proven EltaMD Moisturizer side effects. However, some of the ingredients like hyaluronic acid may elicit mild allergic reactions. Some users also complain of breakouts, dryness, cracking, redness, and burning sensation of the skin upon use.
Final Verdict: EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
The EltaMD Moisturizer being recommended by professionals and having tried and tested ingredients says a lot about it. However, although it does moisturize the skin, the anti-aging effects are somewhat questionable. You can probably buy a cheaper moisturizer to give similar effects.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: