Kate Somerville D-Scar Review: Is It Suitable For Your Skin?
Kate Somerville D-Scar, US $48 for 0.66 oz., lets you see your skin unscarred and undamaged once again. More specifically, this product promises to deliver the following welcome benefits for your skin:
- It delivers DS-7, a peptide that helps facilitate skin regeneration and renewal to smoothen and even out your scars.
- With a rollerball applicator, it enhances blood flow beneath the surface of your scar-affected skin which, in turn, supports faster skin regeneration and healing.
- Regular product use results to improvements in the appearance of scars.
Kate Somerville, which brands itself as one of the pioneering companies that uses science for beauty, has been making personal care and beauty products for over two decades.
- DS-7: A messenger peptide that delivers information down to your skin cells, prompting these to power up cellular level mechanisms that facilitate proper and faster skin repairs and regeneration.
- Glycerin: A powerful emollient that helps soften your scar and reduce it thickness, eventually smoothening it out and making your scar less visible.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Glucoside: A Vitamin C derivative that helps revitalize your skin cells, making these gain efficiency in making skin repair and renewal processes happen faster and more efficiently.
- Glucosamine HCl: Helps restore skin tissues following damage, including scars
Use Kate Somerville D-Scar day and night, applying only on freshly cleansed skin. Always use sunscreen while using this product as some ingredients may be photosensitizing, and sunscreen also helps prevent new skin damage which allows your skin to cope with healing your score.
- This product comes with a rollerball applicator which better blends in the product into your skin while also further stimulates skin healing.
- Based on a consumer perception study, the following results have been observed:
- All individuals subjected to the study experienced softening and smoothening on and around the scar in just 4 weeks.
- For the same treatment period, 92 per cent said that their scar thickness improved.
- Based on a Kate Somerville d-scar review facilitated via an independent clinical study, after 8 weeks of regular application, scar thickness improved by 31 per cent.
- The manufacturer repeatedly makes mention of its secret ingredient, DS-7 but fails to provide an explanation of how this peptide works to stimulate skin healing.
- One Kate somerville d-scar review pointed out how this product, for the user, has resulted to clogged pores and acne breakouts.
- This product is manufactured with butylene glycol, a well-known skin irritant.
- This product uses phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin which can affect your brain health at toxic levels.
Kate Somerville D-Scar can be a good addition to your skin care routine if you have a problem with scarring, most especially because this product has already been proven by an independent clinical study to improve the appearance of scars in just 8 weeks. Unfortunately, there seems to be very few helpful ingredients in its formula that can help deliver significant improvements to your scarred skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: