MD Solar Sciences SPF 30 Review: Is It Really Effective?
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB Introduction
MDSolarSciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB, US $32 for 1.7 oz., is a tinted mineral sunscreen that protects and gives your skin a flattering coverage to hide skin imperfections.
What Does MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product is capable of delivering the following benefits:
- Delivers lightweight, non-greasy mineral sunscreen protection that stays on your skin and won’t slip
- Improves your skin tone and gives it a flawless cover up that subtly but effectively conceals your skin iimperfections
- Boost UV and free radical protection by delivering powerful antioxidants
- Prove you with protection that is water resistant and that will last for longer
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB Manufacturer’s Detail
MDSolarSciences brands itself as a skincare company that is at the forefront of formulating innovative skincare products. Formulated based on the latest developments in skincare science and technology, sun protection products that carry the label are designed based on the research and experiences of leading skin cancer experts.
Working of MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB
This product works by combining mineral sunscreen actives with antioxidants and moisture-enhancing ingredients, all of which working towards giving your skin optimum protection.
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB Ingredients
- Titanium Dioxide (2.0%) and Zinc Oxide (17.0%):
- ProVention- R™ Liposome: A proprietary complex that consists of high performing antioxidants that shield your skin from aging and damage by neutralizing free radicals
- CoQ10: Also known as ubiquinone, this ingredient attracts moisture from the surroundings to rest on your skin
- Vitamins C and E: Powerful antioxidants that boost each other’s beneficial effects on the skin, provide your skin with added protection from UV as well as in neutralizing free radicals
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB Pros
- This product is water-resistant and formulated to last longer and to stay on.
- This product has received the approval of the Skin Cancer Foundation for daily use.
- The formula has a lightweight consistency that spreads easily, beautifully covers your skin imperfections, and leaves your skin with a mattified finish.
- The cream goes on well under makeup, preps your skin to receive your coverage and keep it there.
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB Cons
- The manufacturer
- This product contains several synthetic ingredients that can potentially cause irritations particularly when you have sensitive skin.
- MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB reviews are mixed when it comes to how well this product sits under makeup.
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including several botanical ingredients depending on your history of allergic reactions to one or more of these components
- Increased risk for clogged pores and breakouts due to silicones and mineral sunscreen actives
- Increased risk for developing more photosensitive skin due to Butyloctyl Salicylate, a UV absorber that draws in UV to your skin which is why it is often found in chemical sunscreens
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB must be applied everyday, with the first application of the day ideally after you take a shower. Spread the product evenly on your skin at least 15 minutes before stepping outdoors and keep reapplying the product every 2 hours throughout the day or, after sweating hard or getting your skin wet.
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB reviews read:
- “The texture is odd, there’s oils in it that seem to separate out even when you shake the bottle well before dispensing. I found it made me feel extremely dry, even though I had moisturized properly. It didn’t sit well under my makeup either…” — ElleG2
- “This is great for skin with rosacea or acne, or if you can’t tolerate chemical sunscreens. Does not make me break out at all. Goes on smooth, never balls up. Great primer. Looks slightly light at first but that blends away. Matte, smooths pores on mature skin. Fantastic under mineral powder makeup.” — tracemf on Sephora
MDsolarsciences Mineral Creme SPF 30 UVA-UVB appears to be a multifunctional sunscreen with mixed benefits. There might be tradeoffs when you choose to go for this product, however, and that includes the fact that it is not suitable for every activity on your calendar.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: